The rules for the first-annual AEW Women's Tag-Team Cup Tournament: The Deadly Draw, as well as the start date, have been revealed.
On this week's edition of AEW Dynamite, the promotion announced the rules, start date and the first official pairing for "The Deadly Draw."
The rules for the AEW Women's Tag-Team Cup Tournament were stated as follows:
AEW WOMEN'S TAG-TEAM CUP TOURNAMENT: THE DEADLY DRAW* The tournament will feature eight teams, all chosen via a random draw.
* The sixteen female competitors will each draw a color with those drawing matching colors paired up.
* The selections are final and can't be appealed.
* The Deadly Draw tournament kicks off on AEW's YouTube channel on Monday, Aug. 3 at 7pm
As noted, during the weekly AEW on TNT show on Wednesday evening, Nyla Rose and Arianne, the former WWE Superstar and Total Divas cast-member known as Cameron of The Funkadactyls, were announced as the first officially confirmed duo for the tournament.
As far as the rest of the pairings, the complete participant field, the brackets and how the schedule of matches will play out throughout the first-annual AEW Women's Tag-Team Cup Tournament remains to be seen.
Stay tuned for more updates on "The Deadly Draw" tournament.
Wrestling News Reaction, Discussion & Live Chat* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com