AEW All Out 2021 has topped 200,000 buys on pay-per-view.
AEW President Tony Khan appeared on Busted Open Radio this week and spoke about the PPV featuring the highly-anticipated in-ring debut in AEW of CM Punk, as well as the debuts of Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole and Ruby Soho, breaking the 200,000 buy mark.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where he touches on the recent success AEW has been achieving, even prior to the AEW All Out PPV buyrate.
“It’s huge and it’s all because of the great fans of AEW, and the great staff of AEW, and our awesome wrestlers. We have worked really hard and I think to finally be able to say that we had the #1 wrestling show on cable for the week, in the entire world of wrestling, is pretty amazing. We’ve been the #1 show now on Wednesday night, and that was one of our biggest goals when we set out, was to win our timeslot, win our night, but certainly this is a big milestone. It’s the biggest audience that we’ve had since our debut, and it really shows how far we’ve come. It shows how big the audience for wrestling is right now, and last week was a great week for us, too. I think we’ve really been doing some great stuff on Friday nights, too. So, a lot of big news in AEW. It’s great to be able to tell you guys that our pay-per-view did well over 200,000 buys, which is a big milestone that nobody has hit in this country for a long time. So, it’s a pretty special week for AEW.”
According to WrestleNomics, these are the AEW pay-per-view buyrates to date:
- * All In (pre-AEW) – 45,000 buys
* Double Or Nothing 2019 – 98,000 buys
* All Out 2019 – 88,000 buys
* Full Gear 2019 – 80,000 buys
* Revolution 2020 – 90,000 buys
* Double Or Nothing 2020 – 105,000 buys
* All Out 2020 – 90,000 buys
* Full Gear 2020 – 85,000 buys
* Revolution 2021 – 135,000 buys
* Double Or Nothing 2021 – 115,000 buys
“Our pay-per-view did well over 200,000 buys…” @TonyKhan announces the success of #AEWAllOut with @davidlagreca1 & @TheMarkHenry on ‘Tony Time’ this morning @AEW #AEW #AEWRampage #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/W48BKKkayu
— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) September 10, 2021
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com