Apollo Crews has the rona.
During The Horror Show At Extreme Rules on Sunday night, WWE announced that Apollo would not be competing in his scheduled United States Championship match against MVP, citing a failed pre-match physical.
Dave Meltzer confirmed the news via Wrestling Observer Radio at F4WOnline.com after The Horror Show At Extreme Rules that the real reason the match was pulled was because Apollo has tested positive for COVID-19.
The explanation given during the PPV was that Apollo was injured during the June 29 episode of WWE Monday Night RAW by Lashley.
From there, MVP came out accompanied by Bobby Lashley and stated that Apollo was the loser of their match via forfeit, and as a result, he declared himself the new WWE U.S. Champion. He posted with the title with Lashley and left to end the segment.
After the segment ended at The Horror Show At Extreme Rules, Apollo took to social media to comment on the situation.
“MVP is trippin’ thinking he can claim himself the U.S. Champion,” wrote Apollo via his official Twitter page. “I was looking forward to shutting you BOTH up once and for all tonight at Extreme Rules but once I’m cleared .. #ImComingforwhatsmine.”
Check out highlights of The Horror Show At Extreme Rules segment with MVP and Bobby Lashley, as well as the aforementioned Apollo Crews tweet below.
- Following Return At AEW Fight For The Fallen, Darby Allin Gets New Full-Sleeve Tattoo Covering His Arm (PHOTOS)
.@The305MVP just made a huge DECLARATION regarding the #USTitle at The Horror Show at @WWE #ExtremeRules! pic.twitter.com/UBxbU06v84
— WWE (@WWE) July 19, 2020
Does this make @The305MVP your rightful #USChampion?#ExtremeRules @fightbobby pic.twitter.com/20D8zAnHoF
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) July 19, 2020
@The305MVP is trippin thinking he can claim himself the #USChampion. I was looking forward to shutting you BOTH up once and for all tonight at #ExtremeRules but once I’m cleared .. #ImComingforwhatsmine
— Apollo (@WWEApollo) July 20, 2020
Pro Wrestling News Reaction & Discussion (Social Media Links)
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com