As noted, Corey Graves has claimed that his tweets taking digs at Mauro Ranallo during the NXT TakeOver: WarGames special last weekend were done by design to garner some inter-brand interest in an announcing rivalry among the WWE broadcast team members.
During the beginning moments of his latest "After The Bell" podcast, Graves took some time to issue a formal apology to "The Bi-Polar Rock 'N' Roller."
"This past Saturday during the Takeover WarGames event, I sent out a tweet," Graves started. "It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do, with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have a little something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show."
As noted, the situation reportedly led to Ranallo deleting his Twitter account altogether, as he apparently took the issue very personally.
"It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody," Graves continued. "That was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply. That was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody any undue stress, especially a co-worker, so I apologize."
NOTE: For those who missed the news over the weekend, catch up on all of the details by reading the following articles covering the story:
- * Mauro Ranallo Deletes Twitter Account After Corey Graves Insults Him, Frank Shamrock Threatens Graves
* Detailed Update On Mauro Ranallo Deleting Twitter Due To Corey Graves' Insults, Graves Trashes Reporter
* Mauro Ranallo Will Not Be Calling NXT On USA Tonight, Update On Issues With Corey Graves Over The Weekend
* Report: Corey Graves Claims He Was Working Inter-Brand Rivalry With Insulting Mauro Ranallo Tweets
UPDATE: @WWEGraves issues formal apology to #MauroRanallo following #NXTTakeOver Twitter issues during #WWE #SurvivorSeries Weekend
READ HERE: https://t.co/48VyXfShqz#CoreyGraves #NXT #WWENXT #NXTWarGames #NXTTakeOverWarGames #WeAreNXT #NXTOnUSA pic.twitter.com/KvJbUzJaW2
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) November 29, 2019
- SPOILER: AEW Star Who Will Answer Jon Moxley's "Call To Arms" Open Challenge At Dynamite Next Week REVEALED!
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com