In a new Q&A with the Sports Illustrated website, Dana Brooke spoke about WWE saving her life when her ex-boyfriend Dallas McCarver tragically died in 2017 and her emerging relationship with soon-to-be WWE Hall Of Famer Dave Bautista.
Featured below are some of the highlights from the Dana Brooke interview, which was conducted by Justin Barrasso and released on the SI website on Friday afternoon.
On how she plans to stand out in WWE: “You have to make the most of any time you are given, and any opportunity I’m given, whether it was as Charlotte Flair’s protege, standing up against Ronda Rousey, being the statistician of Titus Worldwide, I want to show my range. I’m willing to embrace anything that is thrown my way. Coming into 2020 and transitioning onto SmackDown, it’s a fresh start for me.
“I just signed a new five-year deal in WWE, and part of my goal is to build my own personal brand. And women empowerment is a key in the success of my career and a key for WWE. We can do what the male wrestlers have done over the years, and now women are finally being given that chance. That also means that I get the chance to show what I can do, and I really believe that 2020 is going to be the year that people see a different side of me.”
On her late boyfriend Dallas McCarver passing away in 2017 and how WWE ‘saved her life’ afterwards: “Dallas McCarver is my angel. Not a day goes by where I don’t think of him. I tip my hands to Dallas every time I walk to the ring. He was my number one supporter, and he pushed me to beyond what I thought were my limits in the gym. We used to joke together that he would jump over to wrestling after competing in bodybuilding.
“Two years ago, I couldn’t even talk about losing Dallas. He was the love of my life. I was in a dark place, I couldn’t move forward. My career in WWE saved my life, and losing him reminded me that tomorrow is never promised. It is not promised to anybody. We have a start date and an end date, and we have to give forth the best energy we can when we’re here. I have that platform in WWE to inspire, encouraging people to live life to the fullest. We all have bad days, I get that. But what can we do to fix those bad days? How do we make a change? So that’s why I remain so positive and keep pushing forward. You never know when you’re going to lose someone you love, so make the most of every moment. I wish I had one more minute with Dallas.”
On dating soon-to-be WWE Hall Of Famer Dave Bautista and their public tweets about their relationship: “I’ve known Dave for a couple years, especially when my ex was bodybuilding. Dave was big in the fitness and bodybuilding scene, and that’s how we met. I’ve always respected what he’s accomplished in WWE and in the movies, and I was quite surprised when he tweeted at me.
“I’m a very private person, so it was a little shocking for me that everything was out there. But it’s so awesome that people have been so supportive. We’ll see where it goes, but we share a lot of similarities and a lot of respect for one another. It was a little uncomfortable at first that everything is out there, but the way everyone has been so positive about it, it has a warm place in my heart.”
Check out the complete Dana Brooke Q&A at SI.com.
DANA BROOKE RELATED WWE NEWS, RUMORS & PHOTOS
* Watch: Dana Brooke Reveals Budding Relationship With Dave Bautista (Video)
* Dana Brooke’s Boyfriend Found Dead In His Home At Age 26
* Dana Brooke Remembers Late Boyfriend Dallas McCarver On Day Of His Funeral
* Dana Brooke Honors Late Boyfriend On WWE 24 Special Documentary (Video)
* Photos Of NBA Star Enes Kanter & Dana Brooke Dating In The Past
* Dana Brooke Trashes Sam Roberts In Response To His Recent Criticism Of Her
* Dana Brooke Badly Busted Open During WWE TV Taping In L.A. (Videos)
In a new Q&A w/ @JustinBarrasso of @SInow, @DanaBrookeWWE reveals how @WWE saved her life when her boyfriend @DallasMcCarver tragically died in 2017.#DanaBrooke also talks dating soon-to-be #WWE HOF’er @DaveBautista (#Batista) right now …
LINK: https://t.co/QmNioNh7vx pic.twitter.com/aW5eGF6ehX
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) December 20, 2019
Honored to be featured in a great Q&A w/ @SInow ! Sports Illustrated gave me the opportunity to continue to spread my message, give the WWE universe some fun exciting news.. How @WWE saved my life & Life beyond WWE! 2020 will be the best! #wwe #SmackDown https://t.co/z9aR3qqX8U
— Dana Brooke WWE (@DanaBrookeWWE) December 20, 2019
WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & VIDEOS/PHOTOS
* Stephanie McMahon: “There May Be A Need For Additional Women’s Championship Title In WWE”
* Update: John Cena Asks WWE To Have “Prominent Role” At WrestleMania 36 In Tampa Bay
* Edge WWE Comeback Seems Very Likely, Rumors Of Surprise Royal Rumble Return
* Cody Rhodes Reacts To NWA Naming 1/24 PPV “Hard Times” After Dusty Rhodes Promo
* New WWE NXT Star Scarlett Bordeaux Posts Sexy Photo Shoot: “Are You Guys Ready …”
* Update On Shayna Baszler Moving To WWE Main Roster Soon
* Watch: Top 10 Funniest Moments Of 2019 Ranked By WWE In New Special Video
* Roman Reigns Match, “Numerous WWE Stars” Confirmed For NYE On FOX Live Special
* Triple H On Rhea Ripley: “She Is The One Who Will Lead NXT Into The New Year”
* Watch: AEW President Tony Khan Delivers ‘Stone Cold Stunner’ In Special AEW Dark Segment (Video)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com