- As noted before, it was estimated that WWE’s deal with the USA Network to air NXT weekly was worth approximately $50 million as per Wrestling Observer Radio.
According to a Deadspin article, a Guggenheim Securities analyst estimated that the deal was more in the $30 million ballpark for “one or two years" based on "conversations" with WWE.
- Meanwhile, a JP Morgan analyst valued the deal at closer to $70 million per year based on the rate WWE was able to sell Raw and Smackdown for in their recent deals to USA and FOX, respectively.
- Finally, an MKM Partners analyst estimated the deal to bring in an additional $50 - $100 million in revenue for WWE, while speculating that the company could look to further monetize NXT by increasing the number of TakeOver events from the current five to 12 (which would seem to imply one per month) as well as strike deals to air NXT internationally.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com