Eric Bischoff hasn’t seen too many overnight stars throughout his lengthy run in the pro wrestling business.
The former WCW Executive Vice President and more recently, the former WWE Friday Night SmackDown Executive Director spoke on his “83 Weeks” podcast about only two names coming to mind when he thinks of overnight stars created in the pro wrestling business.
Dwayne Johnson and Bill Goldberg.
Bischoff claims Johnson and Goldberg are the only two overnight “bonafide box office draws.”
“Nobody shows up on TV and is a dependable, bonafide box office draw,” said Bischoff during the most recent edition of his 83 Weeks podcast. “With the exception of Goldberg and The Rock, in my opinion, nobody has really stepped in and become a draw overnight.”
Bischoff’s co-host on the “83 Weeks” podcast then brought up the name Roman Reigns, who recently returned to WWE television as a heel aligned with Paul Heyman, the man who was the former recent WWE Executive Director behind-the-scenes for the other weekly TV show presented by the WWE Universe — Monday Night Raw.
“Yes, I don’t want to take anything away from Roman because I have a ton of respect for him,” Bischoff said. “But he was thrust into a lot of positions, drawing money that he probably wasn’t quite ready for.”
Check out the complete episode of the “83 Weeks” podcast featuring Eric Bischoff’s discussion on this topic, visit the official website for the show at WestwoodOnePodcasts.com.
- UPDATE: Latest From Local Florida Hospital On Matt Hardy’s Condition After Scary Situation At AEW ALL OUT (…)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com