Eric Bischoff recently had some strong words in response to comments made about him by All Elite Wrestling CEO & President Tony Khan.
During a recent installment of his After 83 Weeks podcast, Bischoff responded to comments made recently by Khan, who criticized WCW by saying that AEW is using WCW as an example of “what not to do” and that the promotion was badly mismanaged by advertising matches that never materialized.
Khan also took WCW to task by paying talent six figures to sit around and not even wrestle, saying it was a disservice to fans.
Featured below is a transcript of what Eric Bischoff said about the subject during the recent podcast:
“That’s an interesting thing for Mr. Khan to say. He’s been in the professional wrestling business for what time is it? It’s about a cup of coffee, I think. I think your coffee could still be warm at this point. And so far he’s spent… from what I’ve heard, I don’t know if it’s accurate or not, I want to make sure I say that… somewhere between $30 million and $50 million to prove that he could be competitive with WWE’s developmental territory.
“Call me in a couple years and tell me what you’ve done that’s really unique. Call me in a couple years and let me know how you’ve changed the industry. Call me in a couple years when your show is one of the top — if not the top — original piece of programming on the TNT network. Call me in a couple years when you’re #2, #3, #4 in all of cable programming for the night in prime-time…and then let’s talk about it. But until then…mm, I’ll just get another cup of coffee and see what happens.”
Check out more from the aforementioned episode of the “83 Weeks” podcast, featuring additional comments from Eric Bischoff in response to AEW’s Tony Khan below.
- WATCH: Matt Hardy Debuts NEW Look, CONFIRMS WWE Contract Expiration & Teases Move To AEW Or IMPACT (*NEW*)
MORE WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & PHOTOS
* The Dark Order’s “Exalted One” To Be Unveiled On AEW Dynamite (Latest CRYPTIC Tease …)
* Shinsuke Nakamura Posts Interesting “Cryptic Tweet” Immediately After AEW Revolution
* John Cena Posts “Cryptic Tweet” After WWE Return, Start Of WrestleMania Rivalry With Fiend
* Several WWE & NXT Stars Make Fun Of Goldberg’s Jackhammer At Super ShowDown
* WATCH: BIG Tease For Matt Hardy To NXT In Latest “Cryptic Tweet” (Video)
* Possible *Spoiler* On Legend Who Will Induct British Bulldog Into WWE Hall Of Fame
* Photo: Renee Young Gets New Tattoo On Her Back
* Photos: Sasha Banks Changes Her Hair To Another New Color
* Photos: Liv Morgan Looks Good Dancing On A Stripper Pole
* Photos: Kairi Sane Gets Married In Japan, Shares Pics Taken At Wedding
* Photos: Mandy Rose Dyes Hair Brown & Shows Off Brunette Look
* Photos: Liv Morgan Shows Off New Look At WWE Live Event
* WWE Couple Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch Out On Date In Public (Photos)
Uht-oh .. #AllEliteWrestling CEO & President #TonyKhan has struck a nerve w/ former #WCW, #IMPACT #Wrestling & #WWE Executive & Performer #EricBischoff
Bischoff claims he has spent $30-50 MILLION “Just To Prove #AEW Can Compete with #NXT” (#Video)
LINK: https://t.co/RauGqtxpFS pic.twitter.com/Jx1U09yZAk
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) March 2, 2020