WWE is continuing their tapings this afternoon and the situation backstage has been described by on-location sources as a “mess”, eWrestling.com has learned via updates sent to us exclusively on Friday morning.
Several talents are not only concerned about all the positive COVID-19 tests that have emerged this week, but many are frustrated with the lack of communication, including details on who tested positive – a stark contrast to the first positive back in March, when full details were relayed to all talent.
Some wrestlers had hoped that WWE set up testing after the tapings and there was also concern that there were “small gatherings” taking place between wrestlers, further increasing the risks of exposure and catching the virus.
Yesterday morning, the following message was sent to all NXT Performance Center talent, however, many missed the testing and had to wait for a new location and time to be announced.
Causing even more confusion and frustration is that those who did end up getting tested yesterday, there were many who didn’t even get their results back yet.
Fightful.com reported that some talent were probably not going to come in for the tapings but were being urged to do so anyway.
“Per Vince, ALL Talent are needed for TV on Friday & Saturday. Please go to PC by 10:30 AM TODAY for drive-through COVID testing. if you took test yesterday, you don’t need to today. If you are in high level storyline, you will be off camera. Thanks. **IMPORTANT: after test, you will need to remain ISOLATED AND QUARANTINED until after the TV tapings.”
We will keep you posted here at }eWrestling.com as updates continue to surface from behind-the-scenes at the WWE television shoot at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Until then, make sure to also check this Twitter account often for quick-hit breaking news updates and alerts!
Breaking WWE News & AEW Rumors, Spoilers & Updates
* Watch Mark Henry On Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions (VIDEO)
* Update: Over 24 WWE Superstars & Employees Test Positive For COVID-19
* WWE Issues Statement On Multiple Wrestlers & Staff Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Renee Young Comments On Testing Positive For The Coronavirus: “Man, What A Few Days …”
* WWE Making Big Changes To TV Tapings After 2 Dozen Positive COVID-19 Tests Discovered
* Update On Terri Runnels Accusing Brock Lesnar Of Sexual Misconduct In Latest #SpeakingOut Allegation
* Jon Moxley Pulled From AEW Shows Due To Renee Young Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Being The Elite Comments On Removing Past BTE Episodes Featuring #SpeakingOut Wrestlers
* MSG Pays Tribute To 30 Years Of Legendary Undertaker Moments (#ThankYouTaker)
WWE, AEW & Other Wrestling Reaction & Social Media
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com