The layers of the onion that is the complicated news story regarding Adam “Edge” Copeland possibly coming out of retirement to return to the squared circle for a WWE comeback match continue to get peeled back.
Things got particularly interesting stemming following a face-to-face meeting between Edge and an exclusive eWrestling.com correspondent late last night / early this morning.
As noted, rumors recently surfaced claiming the WWE Hall Of Famer and former World Champion has been medically cleared by doctors to compete.
What that means is open for debate, however it’s worth noting that he has been spotted in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which is where WWE’s head doctor, Joseph Maroon, is based.
Maroon would be the one who would ultimately give Edge the green light if he were wanting to be cleared to wrestle again.
As noted, there have been rumors suggesting that he is ready to come back and wrestle, although Edge himself has denied said reports.
In related news, a eWrestling.com reader who wishes to remain anonymous sent along a recap of his brief interaction with “The Rated-R Superstar” at the Pittsburgh airport late Monday evening / early Tuesday morning.
Featured below is the e-mail sent to us by the aforementioned anonymous eWrestling.com tipster who claims to have bumped into Edge in the Pittsburgh airport:
“Just a heads up with all the rumors of Edge going back to wrestling, he flew into Pittsburgh LATE last night. I’m assuming to be checked by medical professionals (since most come here for testing). Absolutely refused pictures (at the airport), acting like he didnt want to be seen here.”
PWInsider.com also confirmed the reports that Edge was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, adding that the WWE Hall Of Famer was in the area for some “WWE business.”
As always, we will keep you posted right here at eWrestling.com as details continue to surface regarding the potential WWE in-ring return of WWE Hall Of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland!
WWE’S ADAM “EDGE” COPELAND NEWS UPDATES
* Elias: “There’s Whole Story Behind Edge SummerSlam Spear”
* Edge Talks Getting Back Into Impressive Physical Shape (Photo)
* Edge Reportedly Medically Cleared For In-Ring WWE Comeback
* Update: Edge Denies Reports He Is Returning To The Ring For WWE
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) October 8, 2019