Flip Gordon recently gave his take on his friend Marty Scurll becoming booker for Ring Of Honor.
During an interview with “Busted Open Radio,” Gordon was asked about “The Villain” taking over as booker for ROH, and why he didn’t assume that meant an instant push for him.
“Obviously, there going to be questions when somebody on the roster has part of the book,” Gordon said. “But I took it as he’s my friend, now I have to work extra hard. But friends push their friends harder. I didn’t look at it as, ‘my friend has the book, I have an easy path now.’”
He continued, “No, he expects more out of me. If anything, he chews me out more than anybody and it’s already getting on my nerves.”
Gordon would then go on to share his belief that Scurll has the ability to take ROH to the next level.
“But he wants me to succeed and he’s so smart and creative,” Gordon said. “If anybody should have gotten [the book], it should have been him. And I think he can take ROH to heights they’ve never seen before.”
UNDERTAKER: THE LAST RIDE WWE NETWORK DOCUMENTARY VIDEOS
* WATCH: Undertaker: The Last Dance (Chapter 3) – “End Of An Era” (VIDEO)
* VIDEO: What You DIDN’T See On Undertaker: The Last Ride Episode 2 (Part One)
* VIDEO: What You DIDN’T See On Undertaker: The Last Ride Episode 2 (Part Two)
* WATCH: Undertaker: The Last Ride (Chapter 2) – “The Redemption” (VIDEO)
* WATCH: Undertaker: The Last Ride (Chapter 1) – “The Greatest Fear” (VIDEO)
* Undertaker’s Son Gunner Calaway Ahead Of Wrestling Debut (PHOTOS)
WWE & Chat / Discussion At eWrestling
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com