Jim Cornette recently spoke at length about Tessa Blanchard and what he feels she should do next during a recent installment of his “Drive-Thru” podcast.
During the show, the pro wrestling legend spoke about his feeling that AEW should not only sign Tessa, but other top female wrestlers to face her, and help legitimize the AEW women’s division.
Featured below are some of the highlights of topics Cornette spoke about relating to Tessa Blanchard during the latest edition of his “Drive-Thru” podcast.
On Tessa Blanchard being one of the best female pro wrestlers in the world: “Since her father is over on the other channel, and she’s one of the best female workers in the world, Charlotte Flair level, the last time that I saw her, maybe even better with some of the facials and sh*t.”
On feeling she should sign with AEW and immediately become their women’s champion to help further legitimize the division for the promotion: “Tully was not the most popular, gregarious motherf*cker in the locker room for Crockett either, but he was so f*cking good, and he drew money, and people put up with it. I don’t give a f*ck what they do with their women’s division because I don’t give a f*ck what they do, but if they are serious about actually having a women’s division, and a professional wrestling company, and they want to get away from the Japanese schoolgirls or the parade of indie-rific, poorly booked, green, inexperienced talent that they have paraded through under the guise of female wrestlers, if I was Tony Khan, I would f*cking talk to Tessa Blanchard, and as long as she was willing to do business, and didn’t seem to be causing any issues or trying to cause any issues with coming to a deal, I would then basically bring her in, put the belt on her, and have all these other girls do a job on the way out and just f*cking hide them somewhere and get me some women that can work with Tessa and start all over again, or else, I just wouldn’t bring her in and keep having the same green girls having the same sh*tty matches.”
On believing that Tony Khan should warn Tessa that if she messes up in any way, he will fire her and her father, Tully Blanchard, who also works for AEW: “Tully Blanchard is working in AEW, obviously has had a relationship with Tony Khan for some period of time, months, whatever. I think they could all sit down, and if Tony Khan was Bill Watts, and commanded some respect, OK, I know I’ve already jumped the shark, he could sit down, he could say, ‘You know what, I am willing, because of your great talent and the Blanchard name in the business, to do business with both of you guys, but this sh*t needs to work out. If you have any other idea of coming in here and doing anything else besides being the women’s champion and leading the division and doing what’s best for business, as we all agree that that’s what it is, then great, that’s what I want to do, if not, I’ll fire you, I’ll fire your father, I’ll hire somebody else from your family just so I can fire them too.'”
On his feeling that AEW should also bring in other top women wrestlers for Tessa to work with: “Then bring in any girl in the business, that is not under contract to the WWE, that can have a legitimate, athletic contest with Tessa Blanchard, whoever that may be. Don’t do any of this intergender bullsh*t so I everybody tunes out and goes what the f*ck and you’re left with the same kind of goddamn play wrestling fans you started with. Focus this girl that works like a f*cking guy and has that game face and believable sh*t and out-f*cking Charlotte and Rhea Ripley the other f*cking channel. If you wanted to establish a women’s division, you could do that. Or you could keep letting a bunch of goddamn pampered, inexperienced indie-rific outlaw guys recommend their f*cking girlfriends and goddamn significant others and trainees and people that saw on a f*cking rec center show and it popped them in front of a 100 people. And that’s the kind of girls matches you’ve got right now.”
Check out the complete episode of the “Drive-Thru” podcast featuring Jim Cornette below, or at Art19.coim.
(H/T to 411Mania.com for transcribing the above Jim Cornette quotes.)
Breaking WWE News & AEW Rumors, Spoilers & Updates
* Watch Mark Henry On Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions (VIDEO)
* Update: Over 24 WWE Superstars & Employees Test Positive For COVID-19
* WWE Issues Statement On Multiple Wrestlers & Staff Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Renee Young Comments On Testing Positive For The Coronavirus: “Man, What A Few Days …”
* WWE Making Big Changes To Tapings After 2 Dozen Positive COVID-19 Tests Discovered
* Update On Terri Runnels Accusing Brock Lesnar Of Sexual Misconduct In Latest #SpeakingOut Allegation
* Jon Moxley Pulled From AEW Shows Due To Renee Young Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Being The Elite Comments On Removing Past BTE Episodes Featuring #SpeakingOut Wrestlers
* MSG Pays Tribute To 30 Years Of Legendary Undertaker Moments (#ThankYouTaker)
WWE, AEW & Other Wrestling Reaction & Social Media
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com