John Cena will be returning before the WWE Universe this coming March.
On last night’s episode of ‘WWE Backstage’, it was announced that John Cena will be returning to TV on the February 28th edition of WWF Friday Night Smackdown.
Cena hasn’t been seen since the summer of 2019 and he last wrestled over a year ago on January 19, 2019 in a triple threat match.
The 2/28 Smackdown takes place in nearby his hometown of West Newbury and it will also be taking place a day after Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia.
Cena has already gone on record to state that he is free from any movie obligations the first week of April when WrestleMania 36 takes place and so his appearance on Smackdown could be used to set up a potential match.
Check out WWE’s announcement regarding John Cena’s return below.
BREAKING NEWS:@JohnCena returns to @WWE on the February 28th edition of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX. #WWEBackstage pic.twitter.com/Zau9ZhhdBF
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) February 12, 2020
- WATCH: Edge In Disguise Backstage At Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon’s Post-Rumble Reaction Recorded (VIDEO)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com