WWE wrestler Matt Riddle’s attorney states the accusations of sexual misconduct by independent wrestler Candy Cartwright are “completely false”.
Cartwright’s claims state Riddle choked her and pressured her to perform oral sex on him in a car in 2018.
Calling the accusation “another attempt to harass and humiliate Mr. and Mrs. Riddle and to try to tarnish their reputation in the community,” Riddle’s lawyer says they “have been aware for the last two years of this performer stalking the Riddle family.”
The full statement is available below:
The allegations by this independent female performer are completely false and another attempt to harass and humiliate Mr. and Mrs. Riddle and to try to tarnish their reputation in the community.
We have been aware for the last two years of this performer stalking the Riddle family.
In 2019, our firm had drafted a pleading against this performer to seek an injunction for cyberstalking in the Circuit Court for Orange County, Florida.
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) June 20, 2020
WWE STARS & OTHER WRESTLERS LINKED TO #SPEAKINGOUT ABUSE CLAIMS
* Police Investigating WWE & Pro Wrestlers Linked To #SpeakingOut Abuse Claims
* WWE Issues Statement Responding To Their Wrestlers Being Included In #SpeakingOut Sexual Abuse Allegations
* Update On Matt Riddle, Jordan Devlin & Jack Gallagher #SpeakingOut Abuse Allegations
* Dolph Ziggler Comments On #SpeakingOut Movement & Ongoing Accusations Against WWE Stars
* Wolfgang, Ligero, Joe Coffey, Michael Elgin, Joey Ryan & Others Accused Of Abuse In New #SpeakingOut Claims