It was previously reported that Bray Wyatt was released by the WWE a few days ago and the reason that was given was due to budget cuts. Wyatt was reportedly preparing to make his WWE TV return and he was even advertised to make an appearance on a few shows in August to help him prepare for his WWE return by getting him in in-ring shape. At the time that WWE was advertising Wyatt for live events, no exact timetable was given and officials in the WWE said that he was being held off of WWE TV for a specific reason, which was later revealed to be something medical and nothing to do with creative.
A report then surfaced that stated that Wyatt had just been medically cleared to return to action and as he was about to make his return, WWE officials evaluated his situation and told Bray Wyatt that he was being released due to budgetary reasons. An update would then be provided by Sports Illustrated’s Justin Barrasso that since Wyatt lost to Randy Orton at last April’s WrestleMania 37, he had been out of action with an undisclosed physical ailment and that it is not concussion-related. Justin Barrasso also noted that Bray was finally medically cleared this past Thursday, which is two days prior to his WWE release.
This past year, Wyatt reportedly signed a new multi-million dollar deal with the WWE, and agreed to a 90-day non-compete clause, but in signing the new deal, Wyatt reportedly lost his leverage. Since the former WWE Star is under a 90-day non-compete clause with the promotion, he will only be able to sign with other pro wrestling companies after Friday, October 29th.
There’s no word yet on what physical ailment Bray was suffering from or if AEW or other pro wrestling promotions will be interested in signing him, but updates will be provided as it is made available.