Former WWE women’s champion and Total Divas cast member Naomi recently appeared as a guest on The New Day: Feel The Power podcast with fellow WWE Superstars Kofi Kingston, Big E. and Xavier Woods for an in-depth interview.
During the discussion, Naomi spoke about WWE telling her not to wear her real hair on television, support she has been receiving from pro wrestling fans and more.
Featured below are some of the highlights of the new Naomi interview.
On being told by WWE that they don’t want her to wear her natural hair: “It was a conscious decision. That’s something I’ve always been proud of and have always been aware of, to represent women like me, our culture, and our people. Not just being a feminist or being a woman, but also because I am black and I look the way I look and talk the way I talk, there are people who connect with me differently and identify with me because of those things. I remember when I first came in and I wanted to wear my natural hair and they were like, ‘We want you to look this way.’ I showed them an old picture and I had long, straight hair, and that’s the look they were wanting me to go with. I was like, ‘That’s fine, to get in the door and to get where I need to go, I’ll look the part and be the part, but once I make it, I’m going to be me.’ I finally feel like I got to that point of, ‘I don’t care, like it or don’t like it, I’m rocking my hair like this.’ With everything going on, that’s something I wanted to do, not just for myself, but for the culture, to show we’re beautiful. It was something that needed to be seen and done, a lot was said without being said.”
On fan support: “I’m really grateful for the career I’ve had and the moments. The beautiful thing about this job is you can never stop growing. If you really love it and are into it, you will always want more and want to elevate and continue to get better. That’s where I’m at now. I feel like there is more to show and more to prove and more to do. That lets me know that I’m not done yet and I still love it and I’m still here.”
Check out the complete episode of The New Day: Feel The Power podcast featuring the Naomi interview at Apple.com. Hat tip to Fightful for transcribing the above Naomi interview quotes.
MORE RECENT WWE, AEW & WRESTLING NEWS
* Batista Reveals Never-Before Told Story About Hulk Hogan Confronting Him Backstage
* Big Surprise Superstar Coming Soon To Compete In Raw Underground?!
* Recently Released Top WWE NXT Superstar Debuts Completely New Look (Video)
* Big Update On WWE’s Plans For Raw & SD! To Each Get Draft Night Special
* Comedy Character Who Has Appeared Multiple Times Hints He Has Left AEW
* Update On Goldberg Shooting On Roman Reigns, Calling Him “A Joke”
* New Details Emerge On Vince McMahon’s Huge Blow-Up Backstage At WWE Taping
* Cody On “Absurd Amount Of N-Bombs” Sent To Brandi Rhodes On Twitter
* IMPACT Emergence 2020 *Spoilers* For Main Event Of 2-Week Special
* Big AEW Debut Coming: “You Never Know Who Might Turn Up, Any Guesses …”
* Rusev On Cesaro Giving Him Black-Eye For Wedding, Lana Was Pissed (Photos)
* Xavier Woods Reveals Hilarious Story On Vince McMahon & His Trombone
* WWE Furlough Talents Pissed At Company For Not Keeping Their Word
* Is WWE Finally Going To Break Up The New Day Faction?
* Unbelievably Awesome Shots Of Scarlett Bordeaux In A Bikini (Photos)
WWE, AEW & WRESTLING REACTION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com