A new General Manager for The Fight Network was appointed and announced by Anthem Sports & Entertainment this week.
Anthem Sports and Fight Network issued the following press release to formally announce Ariel Shnerer as the new Fight Network General Manager:
Anthem Appoints Ariel Shnerer General Manager of Fight Network
TORONTO | NEW YORK – Fight Network, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and the world’s premier combat sports network, announced today that Ariel Shnerer has been appointed its new General Manager.
Shnerer has held various positions at Fight Network since joining the company in 2007, including producer, programming and content manager, editorial supervisor and executive producer of FN Originals, Fight Network’s original production group. More recently, Shnerer served as Senior Director of Programming, Global Distribution & Communications for Anthem, Fight Network’s parent company, overseeing growth initiatives and content strategy for other assets in Anthem’s diverse global sports and entertainment portfolio. This includes IMPACT Wrestling, where he spearheaded the launch of the IMPACT Plus digital subscription platform and managed global asset distribution for IMPACT Wrestling’s network broadcast customers.
As part of Shnerer’s new role, he will oversee Fight Network operations with a focus on growing revenue, building digital products, driving expansion to new markets and on new platforms, and leading the evolution of a new programming strategy, while continuing to provide support for IMPACT Wrestling.
“Faced with significant opportunities to grow on the many emerging digital platforms, the demand for more original programming and the opportunity to fill the content gaps that exist in the fight space, we need to have experience in our leadership that covers combat sports programming, original content production and multi-platform distribution, and Ariel brings all of that and more,” said Leonard Asper, founder and CEO of Anthem Sports & Entertainment. “His deep experience with IMPACT Wrestling is also essential given its relationship with Fight Network, so this is a natural evolution of his role within Anthem.”
Shnerer added: “I am excited to expand my role with Anthem as we focus our efforts on growing Fight Network’s global reach. Our incredibly talented team has been producing critically acclaimed content across all combat sports genres and we look forward to expanding our footprint with new platforms and territories, while we establish strategic partnerships and cater to the latest content consumption methods. The show goes on at Fight Network during these challenging times we all face together, and we will be bolstering our programming line-up in April with new fight-themed movies from the award-winning Sony Pictures library. As we look ahead in the year, we will have many new live events and original productions to unveil, as well as renewed focus on expanding our boxing programming.”
For more information, visit www.fightnetwork.com.
About Fight Network
Fight Network (www.fightnetwork.com) is the world’s premier combat sports network dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, including fights, fighters, fight news and fight lifestyle. The channel is available on many of the top 20 video providers in the U.S., Fubo TV, all major carriers in Canada, Roku and Apple TV devices across North America, Sky TV in the UK and over 30 countries across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. FN Studios has produced critically acclaimed series, including Retrospective, After the Fight and Diary. Fight Network is a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Inc., a leading global sports and entertainment media company. Fight Network also operates Dare to Defend, a non-profit organization aimed at addressing the issue of domestic violence and gender inequality.
Parent-company of @IMPACTWRESTLING, @AnthemSport, names @ArielShnerer new #General #Manager (#GM) of @fightnet (@FightNetUK, @FightNetwork, @NetworkFight, @FightNetworkTV, #FightNetwork, #IMPACTonAXSTV, #ImpactWrestling, #IMPACT)
LINK: https://t.co/mIuxzWfymt pic.twitter.com/PI1f7GY2ZI
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) March 24, 2020
WWE & AEW NEWS: Latest Updates As Of 3/24/2020* Paul Heyman Makes Big Claim In Statement Responding To ESPN Reporter About WrestleMania
* Vince McMahon "Freaks Out Badly" Over "Top Secret Meeting" With Big Name Leaking Online
* Triple H Takes Shot At Boxing Star Deontay Wilder In WrestleMania Comment During ESPN Special
* Plans For Bad-Ass Becky Lynch "The Man" Ring Entrance At WrestleMania 36 Scrapped
* Backstage News On Working Relationship Between WWE & IMPACT Wrestling
* Very, VERY Interesting News Regarding WWE's Plans For WrestleMania 36 Fallout On RAW
* WrestleMania 36 Spoilers: Actual Script For 2-Night WWE PPV Leaks Online (PHOTOS)
* WWE Changes Plans For Paige's Return Segment On SmackDown At Last Minute
* WATCH: WWE Stars Stop Wrestling, Talk Casually When Empty Arena TV Goes To Break (VIDEO)
* Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Becky Lynch Sing On Carpool Karaoke (Full Episode Video)
* Braun Strowman Finds Himself Subject Of Controversy After Insensitive Twitter Comments Go Viral
* WWE Sends Internal Memo Banning Specific Words & Phrases During WrestleMania 36 Build-Up On TV
* LOOK: Ricochet Debuts Completely New Clean-Shaven Look, Gets Rid Of All Facial Hair (Photos)
* WATCH: Dark Side Of The Ring: Chris Benoit -- Full Episode (VIDEO)
* Backstage Update On Conflicting Reports On Alberto Del Rio Negotiating Return To WWE
* Daniel Bryan Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 36, Only Returning As Part-Time Wrestler
* Backstage Update On Rumors Of WWE Attempting To Put Together CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins For WrestleMania 36
* WWE Pushes Back Plans For Special D-Generation X Return
SOCIAL MEDIA: eWrestling Interaction & Discussion* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com