The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) returned this week with the latest edition of their weekly studio television series, NWA Powerrr, on Tuesday, November 26th.
Featured below are complete results of the eighth installment of NWA Powerrr:
NWA POWERRR RESULTS (11/26): STEP INTO THE FIRE (EPISODE 8)The show opened with a summary of the story between Nick Aldis and Kamille, ending with her talking to James Storm.
Eli Drake was at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and was interviewed by David Marquez. Drake said that The Rock, Steve Austin, and Ric Flair are all names he’s been compared to. Drake took offense that he has been compared to Nick Aldis, and while Drake agreed that Aldis is the man, he was offended that Aldis thought there were no challengers.
Drake claimed he was a challenger, but he had to deal with Ken Anderson first. That was another comparison that was made, and Drake said that he didn’t see it because he was a world class athlete. It looks like we’ll be getting Drake vs. Anderson soon. Drake’s promo here was fantastic.
Joe Galli recapped the return of Melina and Thunder Rosa’s MMA debut for Combate Americas. The video showed her preparing before the show, getting ready to walkout, and then followed her to the cage. It then flashed back to her training with Brazilian Top Team.
Thunder Rosa talked about the kids she helped work with before she got into wrestling and MMA. She talked about how wrestling was an outlet to help her get through the pain of trying to help those kids. She said she helped kids process their emotions but wasn’t able to process hers. Galli then promised us more later.
Aron Stevens cut a promo about how Ricky Starks made him look like a fool. The Question Mark was with him, and Stevens promised that if Question Mark lost the empty arena match, The Question Mark would unmask. Stevens said that if Zane Dawson lost, The Dawsons would have to recite Shakespeare.
The Question Mark (w/ Aron Stevens) defeated Zane Dawson (w/ Dave Dawson) in a mask vs. Shakespeare reading match
The Question Mark chopped Zane, hit the ropes, and ate a knee from Zane. Zane choked Question Mark on the ropes, but as the ref counted, Zane got distracted by him. Question Mark chopped Zane in the throat, hit a dropkick off the middle rope, and then hit the Mongrovian spike for the three count.
I guess the Dawsons have to recite Shakespeare. As they read it, Stevens looked like he was going to vomit and pulled a garbage can out of the ring. The Dawsons put on a fake English accent, and I admit that I found this really funny. Galli then announced that The Question Mark would be taking on Trevor Murdoch at the NWA's Into the Fire pay-per-view.
Galli sat down with Melina and she talked about why she liked pro wrestling and how she has been able to be a role model for people. Melina said she didn’t just walk into anywhere, it had to be worthy of her name. She said she liked to be a part of something new and the NWA was it. Melina claimed that before her people didn’t care about entrances, and things like that, and claimed that she didn’t get the credit she deserved.
Galli asked what Melina’s plans were for Allysin Kay, and Melina said that she had a problem with Kay thinking she is the best. She said Kay was carrying around the NWA Women’s Championship like an accessory and that it means more than that. Melina said Thunder Rosa and Marti Belle were worthy of being champions, and Kay doesn’t know how they have all fought to be where they are. She said that she will either make Kay appreciate what she has or appreciate what she had when she loses.
This was fine, but I’m not sure Thunder Rosa is going to be helped by Melina in the long run. Melina came across as a baby face in this promo. I’m not sure if that was the intention, but most of it was good.
The next part of "Into the Cage" aired with Thunder Rosa preparing for the fight and warming up in the cage. She was also shown warming up backstage after getting her fists taped. We saw her after the fight, and she was very emotional after losing. The coaches reminded her that she didn’t crumble under the pressure. This was absolutely fantastic.
There wasn’t a lot of wrestling action on this episode of NWA Power, but the interviews were great, and the Thunder Rosa video was incredible.
Galli then ran down the matches announced for NWA Into the Fire so far. He announced that Eli Drake would be facing Mr. Anderson, and that Nick Aldis will defend his NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship against James Storm in a two-out-of-three falls match. Galli promised that he was going to ask Aldis about Kamille’s conversation with Storm next week. I can’t wait.
On the official NWA YouTube channel, the description for this week's show, which is titled ''Episode 8 | Step Into The Fire," below.
NWA Powerrr | Episode 8 | Step Into The Fire (2019)NWA Powerrr brings you a very special edition Episode 8 called "Step Into The Fire," With the National Wrestling Alliance returning to Atlanta on December 14th with the "INTO THE FIRE" PPV Event, we find out tonight who will face Nick Aldis for the NWA World's Heavyweight Championship.
We want to hear who you think should get the shot - use #NWAPowerrr on all social media.
Also on this broadcast, we hear for the very first time from Melina after her shocking debut on NWA Powerrr Episode 7. She sits down with Joe Galli to talk about her return to pro wrestling, why she came to the National Wrestling Alliance and what her plans are for Thunder Rosa and Marti Bell.
Also on this episode of NWA Powerrr, we take you behind the scenes of Thunder Rosa's first pro MMA fight for Combates America in San Antonio Texas. This is never before seen footage from her training and.what it was like in her locker room after the fight.
Plus on this show The Question Mark is action in an empty arena match with one of the most unique stipulations ever unearthed for pro wrestling.
You'll also learn of not only the main event for #IntoTheFire but also other key matches for the December 14th Event.
Also, as first reported in this show, a new piece of NWA Merchandise is available now at - NationalWrestlingAlliance.com/shop.
(H/T to Josiah MacDonald and F4WOnline.com for the above report.)
WWE NEWS, RUMORS & SURVIVOR SERIES RESULTS* WWE Survivor Series 2019 Results (11/24): Chicago, IL
* NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2019 Results From Allstate Arena In Rosemont, Ill. (11/23)
* Rare Drawings, Storyboards For WWE's Original Undertaker Character Shown On Broken Skull Sessions
* Mauro Ranallo Deletes Twitter After Corey Graves Insults Him, MMA Legend Threatens Graves
* UPDATED: Britt Baker Close-Ups During NXT TakeOver, "Death Stare" At Stephanie Caught On Camera (PHOTOS)
* Triple H Talks CM Punk's WWE Status, Britt Baker/NXT TakeOver Accident & More
* Adam Cole Talks Dating AEW's Britt Baker, Photos Of Them On Dates In Public (UPDATED)
* Tony Nese & His Wife Have New Baby Born During Survivor Series Weekend (PHOTOS)
* Sting Still Wants WWE Comeback Against Undertaker: "Let's Just Do A Face-Off!" (VIDEO)
* Steve Austin Talks To Corey Graves About "Pulling Back Curtain" With Undertaker Interview
* Watch: Undertaker Reveals Why He Changed "Dead Man" Character In WWE (Video)
* WWE Survivor Series Live Video Stream: Special Look At PPV (Video)
* AEW To Name PPV After Phrase Vince McMahon Used To Insult Them?
* Watch: The OC Prepares For 2019 WWE Draft In New "WWE: Day Of" (Video)
* Special DX Reunion Segment After Survivor Series "Go-Home" SmackDown Show (Video)
* CM Punk To Make WWE Return Against Seth Rollins At WrestleMania 36?
* NXT Star Absolutely Trashes Triple H For "Publicly Burying Talent" On WWE Media Call
* More Videos From Undertaker On Steve Austin's "Broken Skull Challenge" Podcast
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com