Paige opened up with some pretty honest and newsworthy comments during a recent interview with the folks from Talk Sport.
The WWE performer was recently interviewed by Talk Sport and discussed her role with the company following her in-ring retirement in 2018 due to neck-related injuries.
Paige states that she was offered the role of a backstage producer, but opted to still be in front of the camera as her character, revealing that she even pitched to manage Ronda Rousey.
"After retiring, I pitched to manage Ronda Rousey and Asuka," Paige revealed. "I’ve always pitched for Asuka because I think she is such an amazing athlete and a wonderful person, the only thing she really lacks is the microphone skills. Obviously I then had the GM role that I loved, but after that they offered me a role as a producer and I actually said yes, but after a few weeks I had to tell them I didn’t actually want to do that."
She continued, "It’s an amazing job, don’t get me wrong, but at 26/27 [years old], I still want to be in front of the camera and I don’t want to hang my boots up in that regard just yet."
Paige would then shift her focus to the NXT U.K. brand, claiming she would love to make an appearance for them, but only if WWE hires her brothers Zack and Roy. The two were famously declined by the WWE during tryouts and were the subject of the recent movie based on her life and career, "Fighting with my Family."
"I would definitely do appearances for NXT U.K., but I just want my brothers to be apart of it – Zack and Roy," said Paige. "I just think the WWE are dropping the ball when it comes to my brothers and I’m not just saying that being bias, but the movie came out and they’ve got this elevation right now, great gimmicks and they could be in NXT U.K. in a heartbeat, and they want to do that."
She added, "I would love to go and make appearances, even if I’m the one that comes out and introduces my brothers to the NXT U.K. universe. It would be such a good moment for them."
Paige concluded, "NXT U.K. need to get their s**t together and hire my brothers."
Check out the complete Paige interview at TalkSport.com.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
Wrestling News Recap From Weekend Of June 28 - June 30* WWE Making SD! Live Changes For FOX Move To Make AEW "Look Inferior"
* Update On Heyman's WWE Influence Growing Behind-The-Scenes
* Sonya Deville Represents WWE At NYC Pride March (Photos)
* Update: Bray Wyatt's Firefly Fun House Saga & Mystery Puppets On WWE TV
* 205 Live Star Has Special Steve Austin Painting Made For His House (Video)
* Report: AEW On TNT Weekly TV Show Plans All But Finalized
* Backstage News On Plans To Make Shawn Spears "A Key Player" In AEW
* AEW President Describes How TV Show On TNT Will Differ From PPVs
* Slow-Motion & Close-Up Footage Of Cody/Fyter Fest Chair Shot, Aftermath
* Backstage Update On Lio Rush: Is He Officially Done With WWE?
* Eric Bischoff Breaks Silence On New SD! Live Executive Director Role In WWE
* WWE Stars Have Interesting Talk About RAW Star's New Freestyle Rap Video
* Backstage Update On Plans For Undertaker After WWE Extreme Rules
* Well-Known Veteran WWE Personality Robbed For $55k In Storage Unit Heist
* Triple H's Thoughts On Heyman & Bischoff Taking Over RAW & SD! Live?
* New Inductee Added To WWE Hall Of Fame During Japan Tour (Photos)
* Update On Lesnar's WWE Contract Length & Possible AEW Negotiations
* Latest On When Heyman & Bischoff Will Take Over RAW & SD! Live
* Kenny Omega Posts Rant Explaining How WWE Offended Him Recently