Aleister Black is without question becoming one of the new key “Paul Heyman Guys” behind-the-scenes in WWE these days, as the former NXT World Champion was apparently campaigned for by the WWE RAW Executive Director to be the winner of the Men’s Royal Rumble match at the WWE Royal Rumble 2020 pay-per-view this past weekend.
The news was first reported by longtime Wrestling Observer Newsletter editor Dave Meltzer on a recent edition of his online radio show / podcast at F4WOnline.com, Wrestling Observer Radio this week.
According to the report, it was suggested that he was actually in the running to win the Men’s Royal Rumble match before the decision ultimately leaned in Drew McIntyre’s favor, as “The Scottish Psychopath” ended up getting the free parking pass for “The Grandest Stage of Them All” against Brock Lesnar, with advocate Paul Heyman at ringside, when WrestleMania 36 touches down at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida on April 5th.
- The Bella Twins Release Multiple “Expecting Mothers” Galleries Following Double-Pregnancy Announcement (VIEW PHOTOS)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
REPORT: #PaulHeyman initially pushed for #AleisterBlack to win #RoyalRumble match before decision ultimately leaned in #DrewMcIntyre‘s favor for the #WWE #RoyalRumble2020 PPV this past weekend …
FULL STORY: https://t.co/3w0KABGAdd pic.twitter.com/IPbPsnh7NC
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) January 30, 2020