- On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer speculated on possible matches for the upcoming Payback PPV. He indicated that Brock Lesnar – despite being the Universal champion and being advertised – is not scheduled for the show.
- The expected main event will be Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, after which Strowman is expected to move on to take on Lesnar, though it us unclear at which PPV that will take place.
- As announced on Raw last night by WWE Chairman/CEO Vince McMahon, next week the Raw and Smackdown brands will participate in what he termed a Superstar “shake-up”.
- While he didn’t give much details on this shake-up, sources indicate that the changes will not involve any sort of draft, but rather a series of roster movements that will see talent move from one brand to another, likely via trades. It is expected that both GMs – Kurt Angle from Raw and Daniel Bryan from Smackdown – will be on TV doing the back-and-forth dealing.
- After Raw concluded, WWE.com posted an article and gave a glimpse into what we might expect:
The WWE Chairman will be granting both sides an opportunity to make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit, according to WWE.com sources. There are many potential maneuvers that the WWE Universe will surely be buzzing over. Could we see recently engaged SmackDown stars John Cena & Nikki Bella on separate brands as a result of the shake-up? What about a monster like Braun Strowman causing havoc on the SmackDown LIVE roster instead of Raw? The possibilities are endless.