The details regarding The Revival possibly jumping-ship from WWE to AEW when their current deals with the worldwide sports entertainment leader expires in the near future continue to get more interesting.
The duo of Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder have reportedly hired the same lawyers do their recent trademark requests that Cody Rhodes hired for his recent trademarks.
The team has trademarked “FTR” and “Forever The Revival,” so if WWE claims “The Revival” trademark if-and-when they part ways with the company, the belief is that Dawson and Wilder will try to use “FTR” as their tag-team name if they jump to AEW or another promotion.
In related news, WWE applied for trademarks for Bobby Lashley, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman, Kayden Carter, The Usos, Lio Rush, AOP and Trish Stratus among others.
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com, the reason for this is likely for merchandise purposes as there is nothing the company could do to prevent Lesnar, Heyman or Lashley from using their real names outside of WWE.
We will keep you posted right here at eWrestling.com on the latest details regarding The Revival’s future as more updates continue to surface!
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) January 21, 2020
WWE ROYAL RUMBLE *SPOILERS* FOR 1/26/2020 IN HOUSTON, TX.
* *Spoiler* Legend Confirmed For Royal Rumble PPV, WWE’s Plans For Him Revealed
* WWE Royal Rumble *Spoilers* & Updates: Expected Rumble Match Winner, Lesnar’s WM36 Opponent
* The Undertaker Spotted At WWE PC Ahead Of Royal Rumble (Photo), Update On Possible Surprise Entrants
* WWE Royal Rumble Updates For 1/26 PPV In Houston: New Title & Gimmick Matches, More
* *Spoiler* Update: WWE Legend Reportedly A “Lock” For Surprise Return In 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
* WWE Royal Rumble Betting Odds For 1/26 PPV In Houston, TX. (Possible *Spoilers*)
* Update On Rumors Of WWE Hall Of Fame Legend Edge Returning In 2020 Royal Rumble Match
* Backstage News On Brock Lesnar Being Placed In Royal Rumble Match To Set Up WrestleMania 36 Match
* WWE Royal Rumble Spoiler Updates Around-The-Clock On Our Social Media Outlet (…)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com