Despite receiving a substantial offer from All Elite Wrestling, it looks like Mexican pro wrestling legend Rey Mysterio will be remaining with World Wrestling Entertainment.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that after weeks of contractual negotiations, Rey Mysterio is ultimately going to be staying with WWE even though the two sides have yet to still agree to a new deal.
He also reported that AEW came in with an offer that equaled WWE’s on a per-match basis but that overall, WWE’s offer was more lucrative because it included more dates.
The length of the impending contract isn’t known either beyond the fact that it would be longer than the 18 months that Mysterio signed for before but shorter than the five years that WWE is attempting to get all wrestlers to sign on for.
Mysterio’s son, Dominik, whose future played a key role in negotiations, makes his official debut later this month at SummerSlam when he battles Seth Rollins.
Mysterio meanwhile remains off TV as he recovers from an eye injury for storyline purposes. That injury angle was played out as a way to protect the company in case Mysterio decided that he wasn’t going to re-sign.
We will keep you posted here at eWrestling.com as updates on this story continue to surface.
MORE RECENT WRESTLING NEWS
* WWE Bringing In Another Well-Known MMA Legend For High-Profile Match?
* AEW Stars Growing Frustrated Over Veterans Holding Onto Their Spots
* CM Punk’s Surprising Reaction To RAW Underground, What He Wants To See
* Rusev & Maria Kanellis Blast WWE In Recent Twitter Rants
* The REAL Reason WWE Brought Back Shane McMahon This Week
* Latest Updates On Marty Jannetty Police Investigation For Potential Murder Case
* Renee Young Interested In Wrestling Specific Type Of Match & Opponent