WWE reported yesterday that Rey Mysterio will be sidelined with a torn triceps that he injured during Payback.
There is no word on how much time he will miss, but it will probably be several months.
It is worth noting, however, that Dave Meltzer is reporting at F4WOnline.com that it is not believed that Mysterio will need surgery to repair the injury.
Rey Mysterio suffered a torn triceps during his match at WWE Payback Sunday night, WWE.com has learned.
Mysterio teamed up with his son, Dominik, to defeat Seth Rollins & Murphy at the live WWE Network special. He was originally scheduled to face Seth Rollins on Raw in a match where the winner would advance to a Triple Threat Match later in the night, which would determine WWE Champion Drew McIntyre’s opponent at WWE Clash of Champions. Dominik will replace his father in the bout.
Stick with WWE’s Digital and Social platforms for more on Rey Mysterio’s status as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Even MORE Inappropriate Images & Videos Get Through On ThunderDome During WWE Shows (PHOTOS)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com