Ric Flair recently fired back at comments made by Corey Graves on a recent installment of his “After The Bell” official WWE podcast during a recent interview with the folks from the WINCLY Podcast.
During a recent edition of his “After The Bell with Corey Graves” podcast, the WWE broadcast team member criticized WWE’s booking of Charlotte Flair, and stated that it appeared she was an “auto-pilot.”
“The Nature Boy” agreed with Graves’ assessment of the situation, noting that his daughter is a company-gal, and will do what is asked of her to the best of her ability.
“I am not happy with the way they are doing it; I guess she’s been put in that role,” Flair said. “Number one, I need to be left out of the equation because she has surpassed me in talent. She’s never gonna be around for 40 years which is why I’m still a household name. I think they look at it and say, ‘Well, she’s like her dad. She’ll do anything we want her to do because she’s a pro. I don’t think she’ll ever be bored with her story lines and not participate at its fullest. That part is wrong on Corey’s part. But as far as her being the best athlete in the company, a Hall of Famer already, and being the biggest star of the women’s division, he’s spot on.”
The Nature Boy continued by calling Charlotte the best, as well as a work-horse.
“She’s made her own way and she’s made it by going through such a rigorous and demanding schedule because of my last name. It’s not like she walks through a door and inherits a company. She has to walk in the door and be Ric Flair’s daughter. She had to work twice as hard and be twice as good. She has to be that much better and she never takes it for granted,” said Flair who then talked about her recent travel schedule. Charlotte did a Raw in Nashville then a March of Dimes event in New York on Tuesday. She then flew to California for a Snickers commercial before heading home and then to Jacksonville for SmackDown. She wouldn’t have it any other way. What happens is sometimes they’ll leave her off of something and she’ll go, ‘Hey dad, why did they leave me off?’ I tell her just to have a day off. That’s how she’s geared and she wants to be the best every damn minute.”
Check out the complete Ric Flair interview below.
The Nature Boy @RicFlairNatrBoy responds to @WWEGraves‘ recent criticism of the way #WWE is booking @MsCharlotteWWE …
LISTEN HERE: https://t.co/jHKljmmEWZ pic.twitter.com/KqZDCDcSwY
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) December 23, 2019
(H/T to WrestlingINC.com for transcribing the above quotes.)
WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & VIDEOS/PHOTOS
* Stephanie McMahon: “There May Be A Need For Additional Women’s Championship Title In WWE”
* Update: John Cena Asks WWE To Have “Prominent Role” At WrestleMania 36 In Tampa Bay
* Edge WWE Comeback Seems Very Likely, Rumors Of Surprise Royal Rumble Return
* Cody Rhodes Reacts To NWA Naming 1/24 PPV “Hard Times” After Dusty Rhodes Promo
* New WWE NXT Star Scarlett Bordeaux Posts Sexy Photo Shoot: “Are You Guys Ready …”
* Update On Shayna Baszler Moving To WWE Main Roster Soon
* Watch: Top 10 Funniest Moments Of 2019 Ranked By WWE In New Special Video
* Roman Reigns Match, “Numerous WWE Stars” Confirmed For NYE On FOX Live Special
* Triple H On Rhea Ripley: “She Is The One Who Will Lead NXT Into The New Year”
* Watch: AEW President Tony Khan Delivers ‘Stone Cold Stunner’ In Special AEW Dark Segment (Video)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com