Roman Reigns opened up in-depth about working his first Royal Rumble match since overcoming his life-threatening battle with leukemia during his appearance as the special in-studio guest for this week’s WWE Backstage On FOX Sports 1 (FS1).
During this week’s post-WWE Royal Rumble 2020 episode of WWE Backstage, “The Big Dog” spoke about this past Sunday night’s pay-per-view and what it was like for him to work the event for the first time since returning from his battle with leukemia.
“It was just such a great story for me, ya know,” Reigns said. “It’s such a blessing, just to be here, healthy, feeling good. That’s always such a blessing. Sometimes you can take your eye off the ball and get distracted, but the little things can add up and make that big picture. So, to be a part of the Royal Rumble, to be healthy, and to be in there participating—not only be a part of the show, but be in that double-duty role and have that responsibility to not only start the show off, but to close it.”
Reigns also commended the Men’s Rumble winner Drew McIntyre, stating that “The Scottish Psychopath” is a hard worker and that he was happy to be able involved in helping to elevate him to the next level.
“Making that moment and [to help] take Drew to the next level, get him that win, and get him to WrestleMania,” Reigns started, “I take a lot of pride in that.” He continued, “Especially for a guy like Drew McIntyre.
“He’s busted his ass and worked really hard.”
Check out highlights released on the official WWE On FOX YouTube channel of Roman Reigns’ appearance on WWE Backstage from the January 28th episode on FS1 below.
- The Bella Twins Release Multiple “Expecting Mothers” Galleries Following Double-Pregnancy Announcement (VIEW PHOTOS)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com