The 2020 WWE Royal Rumble Weekend designed to kick off the New Year on the “Road To WrestleMania 36” has come-and-gone, but not without two top WWE Superstars possibly taking an injury detour that could prevent them from being included in the final stop on “The Grandest Stage of Them All.”
In a follow-up to our report here at eWrestling regarding Samoa Joe’s injury, as of yesterday morning it was believed that he was suffering from a concussion.
There is no timetable for his return due to the nature of recovery from such an injury, which could vary greatly from individual to individual.
WWE doctors recognized the potential for that head injury and pulled him out of the match.
There is also some concern that Rey Mysterio may have suffered a concussion as well but in that case, he was allowed to continue the match so it’s unclear what his status is.
The Mysterio news is also concerning considering the injury scare he gave WWE during his very physical ladder match with Andrade on RAW leading up to the WWE Royal Rumble 2020 pay-per-view.
- The Bella Twins Release Multiple “Expecting Mothers” Galleries Following Double-Pregnancy Announcement (VIEW PHOTOS)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com