All Elite Wrestling held TV Tapings for their AEW/ROH Jay Briscoe Celebration Of Live inside the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California. The tapings took place immediately after last night’s AEW Dynamite episode and featured ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli of The Blackpool Combat Club defending his ROH World Championship against Christopher Daniels in the main event.
Below are the full spoiler results from the tapings, courtesy of PWInsider.com:
– The ring apron, graphics and turnbuckles changed to the ROH logos and a large graphic had an image of Jay Briscoe with the words, “JAY BRISCOE CELEBRATION OF LIFE 1984-2023.”
– Caprice Coleman and Ian Riccaboni kicked off the show and Riccaboni called this a special night and a night to celebrate. They then talked about Jay Briscoe being one of the best wrestlers in ROH history and said that Jay gave some of the most captivating interviews ever. They also talked about Jay the man off-camera and what a great father he was. It was then announced that two huge matches and others matches will take place in honor of Jay Briscoe. They then said Jay was very special to them and he would want the show to go on. It was then said that Jay Briscoe worked the first ROH match and now the show has to go on. It was also announced that some of Jay Briscoe’s ROH history would be shown to the fans.
– Tony Khan then made his way out and thanked everyone for being there and thanked them for honoring the life and legacy of a great man. A “ROH!” chant then broke out as Jerry Lynn, BJ Whitmer and Dean Malenko made their way out to sit at a ringside table. A “thank you Jay!” chant then started out. Justin Roberts then began doing his ring announcing duties.
– Wheeler Yuta (c) def. Hagane Shinno via submission to retain his ROH Pure Championship. After the match, Yuta and Shinno then shook hands.
– Adam Cole then made his way down to the ring and talked about how Jay Briscoe was one of the most incredible people you could ever know. He then praised The Briscoes as pro wrestlers and talked about how many wrestlers had their best matches with Jay and Mark. Cole also talked about how Jay helped him find himself when he was 20 in ROH and said he wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for Jay. Cole also talk about their friendship and a “thank you Jay!” chant started up. Cole then said Jay was always thankful and grateful and he never complained or talked bad about anyone and always wanted the best for others. Cole also talked about how Jay loved his family and that he was an incredible husband and father. Cole then told The Briscoe Family that he will be there for them no matter what and he’s sorry for the tragedy. Cole then said he hopes the family knows how much everyone truly loves them. Cole then went on and said about now is when Jay would smack him in the back of the head, tell him to man-up and put on a badass wrestling show. Cole then said it’s time to get fired up. Cole then said Jay left the world a better place, then told Jay he loves him and misses him. Fans chanted “thank you Jay!” again and “man up!”
– Marina Shafir def. Mighty Mayra via submission.
– Eddie Kingston def. QT Marshall via submission.
– Athena (c) def. Madison Rayne via submission to retain her ROH Women’s World Championship. Skye Blue was at ringside for Madison Rayne, but Athena laid Skye Blue out with her title belt after the match.
– Juice Robinson def. Brandon Cutler.
– Yuka Sakazaki def. Sandra Moon.
– Claudio Castagnoli (c) def. Christopher Daniels with a Jay-Driller to retain his ROH World Championship. After the match, Christopher Daniels spoke and said Jay Briscoe is the toughest pro wrestler he met in 30 years. Daniels then thanked Jay’s family for sharing him with everyone and said he was proud to share the ring with such a great ROH Champion. Claudio also spoke and told everyone to tell someone they love them and he was reminded of this when he drove to the arena today and listened to a song that said, “Bring me flowers when I can enjoy them, not just when I am gone.” Claudio then said everyone should appreciate the days for what they are and never take tomorrow for granted. Claudio then thanked the fans and Daniels and said he loves the fans, loved Briscoe and hopes everyone drives home safe.
The AEW/ROH Jay Briscoe Celebration Of Life Event will be airing soon for free on HonorClub and other digital platforms.