Results by: JJ Williams, f4wonline.com
Dark match —
– Dominik Dijakovic defeated Dan Matha
Dijakovic hit a cyclone kick to win.
NXT TV taping spoilers —
– William Regal did an in-ring promo and was about to update us on the Aleister Black investigation when the Undisputed Era interrupted him. Adam Cole demanded his NXT North American Championship rematch “right freaking now” and also ran down the War Raiders, calling them Viking cosplayers.
Regal said Cole wanted Ricochet after he was softened up during his match against Pete Dunne. Regal told Cole that he would have to wait and that the match would be a triple threat: Ricochet vs. Cole vs. Dunne for the North American title.
Regal also announced Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong vs. War Raiders for the NXT Tag Team titles. Both of those matches were taped tonight.
– Lars Sullivan vs. Victor Orchant ended without a finish
EC3 returned and fought off Sullivan.
– The Mighty (Shane Thorne & Nick Miller) defeated The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
This match had plenty of time and built towards a Dawkins hot tag that Ford just wasn’t able to make due to The Mighty pulling him off the apron. Ford was rolled up as The Mighty stole the win.
– NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane defeated Vanessa Borne
Borne stomped on Sane’s pirate hat before the match to upset the champion. Sane hit the flying elbow for the win and celebrated before Shayna Baszler arrived and made it known that she is invoking her rematch clause and will take back her title.
Sane accepted and said the title match will be at WWE Evolution.
– NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa defeated Otis Dozovic
Dozovic held his own early. This match was even and had Dozovic with the advantage after Tucker Knight made his way to ringside. Ciampa hit an inside-out draping DDT on the apron and then hit one on the inside to put Dozovic down.
– Lacey Evans defeated Candice LeRae
Evans won with her Woman’s Right punch.
– The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake, Steve Cutler & Jaxson Ryker) defeated Kirsh, Rise & Mixon
The Forgotten Sons defeated the enhancement team when Ryker hit a slingshot powerbomb.
– Johnny Gargano defeated Tony Nese
The crowd was split, doing “Johnny Wrestling” and “Johnny Failure” chants. Nese got out of a Gargano Escape and powerbombed Gargano off the ropes. Nese took advantage and hit a 450 for a deep two count.
The crowd was then pro-Gargano. He won with the Gargano Escape.
– Lars Sullivan defeated EC3
Hard-hitting match. Sullivan slammed EC3 on the apron, they threw each other into the ring steps, they traded power moves, and Sullivan won with a flying headbutt.
– Ciampa did a promo in the ring and said Velveteen Dream has his attention. Dream interrupted him. Ciampa said he doesn’t think Dream is “Tough Enough” to face him, which got a huge reaction.
Before they could go further, Nikki Cross interrupted. The crowd was chanting “triple threat” as she played along. Cross told Dream that she knows what he did. Cross then slapped the mic out of Ciampa’s hand and went to the mat to speak into it and said that she knows what he did.
The crowd chanted “Nikki has a secret.” She left Ciampa — as Dream had already backed away.
– Keith Lee defeated Kona Reeves
The crowd loves Lee. He put Reeves away with a Pounce and the Ground Zero.
– War Raiders (Hanson & Rowe) defeated NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong by DQ
This match got wild towards the end as Cole tried to cause a distraction, but the War Raiders held him off and had the match won before Bobby Fish returned with a chair to destroy Hanson and Rowe. The crowd loved it and cheered for Undisputed Era.
– Shayna Baszler defeated Britt Baker
Baszler systematically destroyed Baker and the referee called for the bell. After the match, Baszler knocked Baker down again while the medics tended to Baker.
– Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch defeated Tian Bing & Rocky
Lorcan and Burch won with a double-team DDT.
– Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair ended in a no contest
The crowd lit up for this one towards the end after Belair powered up out of a guillotine and planted Cross with a powerbomb. Cross got a reverse DDT for a close two count and then went to the top rope for a crossbody but was whipped by Belair’s braid.
The lights went out and Aleister Black appeared seated in the ring in front of Cross. She whispered something in his ear before leaving.
– NXT North American Champion Ricochet defeated Adam Cole and Pete Dunne in a triple threat match to retain his title
Great action throughout with all three men bringing their best. This is must-see when it airs. There were multiple dives to the outside. In a huge near fall, Dunne almost had the match won with the Bitter End.
The crowd was on fire towards the end, and Ricochet pinned Dunne to retain and close the show.
Results by: Andrew Twiss, pwinsider.com
Here are full results from the NXT TV taping at Full Sail Live on September 20, 2018
(Note: As always, there is a chance the match order changes by the time the show hits the air. With one exception, The North American Title match, all of these are in the order taped)
Dark match: Dominik Dijakovic def. Dan Matha
– William Regal comes out to discuss the Aleister Black investigation. Undisputed Era comes out. Adam Cole says Regal should do his job instead of playing Sherlock Holmes. The Era says Ricochet should be reprimanded and that the War Raiders should be punished. Adam Cole wants his title rematch and he wants it now. Regal makes Adam Cole vs. Ricochet vs. Pete Dunne in two weeks and a Tag Team Title match in three weeks between Undisputed Era and War Raiders
– Lars Sullivan def. Victor Orchant by DQ when EC3 attacks Lars.
– The Mighty def. Street Profits
– Kairi Sane def. Vanessa Borne
Post match: Shayna Baszler comes out and says she’s invoking her rematch clause. Kairi says the match will happen at WWE Evolution
– NXT Champion Tomasso Ciampa def. Otis Dozovic.
– Lacey Evans def. Candice LeRae
– Forgotten Sons def. Cesar Rise, Terry Kirch and Mixon
– Johnny Gargano def. Tony Nese
– Lars Sullivan def. EC3
– Tomasso Ciampa walks out. He says there’s always one that tries to break away from the back, and get attention. He says the Velveteen Dream has his attention. Velveteen Dream comes out, calling Ciampa an angry, little bald man and questions Ciampa calling himself the greatest sports entertainer. Ciampa says the title is saying that Dream may not be “tough enough”. Nikki Cross comes out. She keeps saying “I know” while slapping the mic away from Ciampa as Velveteen Dream leaves.
– Keith Lee def. Kona Reeves
– NXT North American Championship: Ricochet (c) def. Pete Dunne and Adam Cole in a Triple Threat match
(Note: this was the last match filmed but should be airing in this spot)
– NXT Tag Team Championship: War Raiders def. Undisputed Era (c) by DQ after Bobby Fish comes in and attacks the War Raiders with a chair.
– Shayna Baszler def. Britt Baker via Ref Stoppage
– Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. Tian Bing and Rocky
– Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair doesn’t have a finish. During the match, the lights go out and Aleister Black’s music plays. When the lights are on, Black is in the ring, Belair is gone, and Nikki Cross is rolling around in the ring, acting crazy. Black gets her to stop and gestures her over. He says “Tell me” to her. She says something in his ear and leaves. Aleister is furious and storms out of the ring.