Stephanie McMahon recently spoke with Bleacher Report about WWE not running another all-women’s “WWE Evolution” pay-per-view this year.
According to the WWE executive and on-air performer, who took part in the interview just before the WWE Crown Jewel 2019 pay-per-view in Saudi Arabia this past Thursday, spoke about the company’s focus being more on pulling off the first-ever women’s match in Saudi Arabian history.
“We did consider it,” Stephanie revealed. “A lot of our focus has been on having this particular match as a part of this PPV in Saudi Arabia. More to come on Evolution but it’s most likely not going to happen in 2019.”
Stephanie would also go on to discuss the impact she feels UFC Hall Of Famer “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey had during her run in WWE and if she helped bring more eyes to the women’s wrestling movement that has been going on as of late.
“I think Ronda was certainly a part of that, for sure,” she said. “You can look at Serena and Venus [Williams]. You can look at any number of female athletes who have been making such significant strides in their respective industries, Ronda being absolutely a huge part of that.”
Stephanie continued, “When you consider the history of what we call the Women’s Evolution, starting with that hashtag that trended for three days worldwide in 2015, called #GiveDivasAChance, which was specifically calling for better character development, better storylines, more athleticism from our women which ultimately led to us rebranding the Divas division to the women’s division.
“It led to unveiling a new championship belt more akin to the men’s but still feminine, announcing that our women would now be called superstars same as the men, which then led to our signing Ronda, our women headlining and maineventing PPVs, including for the first time ever this past April Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch being the first ever women’s main event of Wrestlemania at MetLife Stadium in front of over 80,000 people and breaking entertainment revenue records.”
Check out the complete Stephanie McMahon interview at BleacherReport.com.
WWE & AEW News and Rumors
* The Rock Reveals UFC Movie & BMF Title For Masvidal-Diaz Fight At UFC 244 (Videos & Photos)
* Cain Velasquez Injury Forces Huge Change At Crown Jewel, WWE Off MMA Stars Bandwagon Already
* Tyson Fury vs. Brock Lesnar A Possibility For Future WWE Dream Match?
* Backstage News On Plans For Rey Mysterio’s Son To Be In Featured WrestleMania 36 Match
* Update On WWE Stars Nightmare Travel Issues Coming Out Of Saudi Arabia After Crown Jewel
* Special Unseen Photos Of Historic First-Ever Women’s WWE Match In Saudi Arabian History
* Eric Bischoff Reveals Conversation With Vince McMahon About Latest WWE Release
* Big Plans For RAW vs. SmackDown vs. NXT Theme At WWE Survivor Series 2019
* Pissed Off NXT Star Reveals Personal WWE Company Emails On Twitter (Photo)
* VIDEO: Carmella Falls On Her Face While Preparing Rap & Entering Recording Booth (HILARIOUS!)
* Bobby Lashley Claims Fans Have Sent “Vulgar Death Threats” Due To WWE Storyline With Lana
* WATCH: Hulk Hogan & Drunk Fan In Heated Argument Caught On Tape (Video)
* VIDEO: Hulk Hogan Explains Full Story Behind Wild Argument With Drunk Fan
* Becky Lynch Shoots On AEW, Gives JR Message To Deliver To Their Locker Room
* “Sorry Rusev” Photoshoot Featuring Lana & Bobby Lashley (Photos)
* Check Out Sexy Pics Of WWE NXT’s Newest Superstar (Photos)
* Update On IMPACT Wrestling Stars Getting “Significant Pay Raises”
* Update: Shane McMahon Taking Break From WWE Right Now
* “TNA” Brand Returning For Special 1 Night IMPACT Wrestling Show?
* WWE Planning Special “Dream Match” For Return Of D-Generation X In 2020?
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) November 2, 2019