Another update regarding the injury status of WWE Superstar Ivar of The Viking Raiders tag-team has surfaced.
It still hasn’t been determined whether Ivar is going to need surgery for the neck injury he suffered on this past week’s edition of WWE Monday Night Raw.
The Viking Raider tag-team member hurt himself attempting to execute a dive from the ring through the ropes and out to the floor, and his head collided with the arm of Bobby Lashley, resulting in whiplash.
The referee in the match was told to immediately end the match after Ivar himself threw up the “X” sign while rolling in pain on the floor upon landing (View Here), so he ended up counting to three despite Ricochet kicking out at two.
After the show, Ivar released a statement addressing his injury status coming out of the scary-looking spot on this week’s WWE red brand show.
The concern with Ivar’s injury is that he has a history of neck issues before this latest incident, so things could be worse than one might expect.
The fact that he’s dealing with injuries of this level of severity on a regular basis at this point in his career is definitely not going to help his case in a WWE that is making employee cuts up to 60-people deep on more than one occasion over the past six-month time period.
We will keep you posted here at eWrestling.com as updates continue to surface regarding the condition of Ivar of The Viking Raiders.
- Other Recent WWE News Articles
* SPOILERS: Updates For WWE “In Your Face” Special Edition Of Monday Night Raw (…)
* MUST-READ UPDATE: WWE Releases Over SIXTY Talents, Staff Members & Employees This Week (…)
* Backstage News Behind WWE Making Late Change In Plans For Next Month’s Pay-Per-View
* Jeff Hardy Reveals Idea He Has For Unique WWE Rivalry With Bray Wyatt’s “The Fiend” Character
* R-Truth Reveals Rare Backstage Story Behind Making Brock Lesnar Laugh During Popular WWE TV Segment
(H/T: Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4W Online)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com