Matt Hardy’s future in the pro wrestling business just got a lot more interesting following some recent shuffling and changing-of-plans behind-the-scenes in WWE.
The No Holds Barred match scheduled for Monday’s Raw between Matt Hardy and Randy Orton is something that was decided upon within the last day or two.
The beat down last week was originally expected to be Hardy’s “blow off” and the end of his tenure with WWE and Hardy went so far as to tweet a “goodbye” on social media assuming the same.
However, his contract with WWE doesn’t officially expire until March 1 and so the company is free to use him however they wish until then.
As reported before, Hardy and WWE are not at dispute over any monetary issues related to a new contract but rather Hardy is after some degree of creative control of his character.
While WWE did give his Broken/Woken gimmick somewhat of a shot, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Vince McMahon never really got behind it and gave it a chance.
If Hardy and WWE do come to an agreement, NXT could be a logical next destination but if he decides to leave the company altogether, then you have to assume that he will be AEW bound.
It will be an interesting situation over the next few weeks because in the current wrestling climate, McMahon is not really keen on letting anyone who could be valuable to the competition simply walk away, even if Hardy is in his mid-40s.
- WATCH: Edge In Disguise Backstage At Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon’s Post-Rumble Reaction Recorded (VIDEO)
It looks like #MattHardy‘s future in #WWE just got more interesting following some recent shuffling of plans behind-the-scenes …
FULL STORY: https://t.co/R96o7XepVc pic.twitter.com/jgd9kc0w42
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) February 15, 2020
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com