AEW commentator and manager Taz took a shot at WWE’s recent COVID-19 outbreak on last night’s Fyter Fest special on TNT. The ECW legend called out world champion Jon Moxley for delaying his title defense against Brian Cage, then spoke about Moxley being tested for the virus on a weekly basis.
Taz would end with, “If you decided to get your ass here to work here next week you would get tested again here in AEW because Jon as you know…we don’t run a sloppy shop.”
@OfficialTAZ with words for @JonMoxley #FyterFest pic.twitter.com/z1FcWnXPym
— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) July 2, 2020
The outbreak in WWE caused them to delay several tapings and rewrite television. The biggest revealed name who tested positive thus far was WWE analyst Renee Young.
- STING vs. UNDERTAKER Update: What Was Reaction Behind-The-Scenes Among Wrestlers To Sting’s Cryptic Tease? (…)
BACKSTAGE NEWS UPDATE on @OfficialTAZ shooting on @JonMoxley/@ReneeYoungWWE #COVID19 situation during #AEW‘s #FyterFest special
PLUS — #ICYMI, #Taz promo from #AEWFyterFest included (FULL #VIDEO)
LINK: https://t.co/4ELkB4BBUi pic.twitter.com/tCGwEAu0vU
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) July 2, 2020
WWE, AEW & Other Wrestling Reaction & Social Media
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com