More details have emerged regarding WWE making massive changes made to this week’s post-SummerSlam episode of Monday Night Raw just hours before going on the air live on the USA Network.
In a follow-up to a report about Vince McMahon changing pretty much the entire Raw script on Monday with less than an hour to go before the show, on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, the situation was clarified some more by noting that while Vince did change a lot of things, it wasn’t at the last minute but rather in the morning and throughout the day.
He was reportedly on the phone with the rest of the writing team making those changes but didn’t arrive at the venue until about 7 PM ET and then changed a few more things at that time.
The final script for Raw wasn’t finalized until about 9 PM ET, with the show already one hour in.
This would seem consistent with the fact that WWE.com promoted two segments by mid-afternoon (Keith Lee’s debut and the KO Show) and both of those still took place.
- PHOTOS: Multiple Fans Patch In EXTREMELY Inappropriate Images & Videos Via WWE ThunderDome On Monday Night RAW (…)
WRESTLING NEWS DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERACTION
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com