In a follow-up to recent reports about WWE moving forward by having no actual wrestling take place during commercial breaks, PWInsider.com is substantiating the report saying that it was a "Vince McMahon edict" to have matches end within the same segment and not extend into multiple segments.
It was the reason that many of the matches on last week's RAW were kept short.
The exception, as previously noted, are matches with multiple falls that will be allowed to be played out over the course of more than one segment, with each fall getting its own segment.
The report also adds that there has been idea tossed around at some point over the last couple of weeks to have matches with "multiple rounds" -- similar to the old European rounds system.
It is unclear though whether that idea will materialize and according to other sources, it's also totally up in the air whether Vince McMahon even sticks to the new aforementioned edict.
We will keep you posted as additional information regarding this story surfaces.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
Recent Related Headlines* Report: Name For Weekly AEW On TNT TV Show Revealed
* Backstage Reason Why Vince McMahon Wants To Feature R-Truth On TV So Often
* Brandi Rhodes Describes AEW Women's Title: "It's Never Been Done Before"
* Former WWE Champion Teases Returning To Go After 24/7 Title
* Photos: Recent NXT Call-Ups Get Married Over The Weekend
* Carmella & Corey Graves Go Public With Their Relationship (Photos)
* 205 Live Star & Mae Young Classic Competitor Get Married (Photo)
* Jon Moxley Describes In Great Detail Changing His Look After WWE
* Photos: Sasha Banks Shows Off New Swimwear At The Beach