2K Games issued a press release announcing a ton of new game modes for the upcoming WWE 2K Battlegrounds title, which also features a commercial from Paul Heyman.
Check out the details, along with Heyman’s commercial, below.
WWE® 2K Battlegrounds, hitting shelves on September 18th and now available for pre-order in digital formats and at participating retailers, is bringing you a ton of brutal game modes so you can BRAWL WITHOUT LIMITS!
Wage war in a wide variety of your favorite match types with fun, new twists, including:
Throw down in this single-player story mode told through a comic art style as you add to your stable of Superstars to overcome the next challenge. Team up with Paul Heyman and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin as you travel the globe in search of new Superstars for an all-new WWE brand. Play as one of the 7 newly created Superstars like Bolo Reynolds and Jessica Johnson as you travel across several regions battling WWE Superstars as you achieve campaign goals and unlock various Superstars, power-ups, and items!
Brawl with your friends or family with up to 4-player action online or on the couch in your favorite match types including:
Fatal Four Way
Steel Cage Match
KING OF THE BATTLEGROUND MODE
Brawl to become the Last Man (or Woman) Standing as you and up to seven other online players burn it down and try to fling one-another out of the arena! The longer you stay in the arena, the higher your score climbs. The second you send someone flying, another player waiting outside the ring enters the fray!
ONLINE TOURNAMENT MODE
Brawl online for rewards in a variety of time-limited tournaments featuring a wide range of win conditions! Keep an eye out… you never know when a new Battlegrounds tournament might be kicking off!
BATTLEGROUND CHALLENGE MODE
Brawl from the bottom all the way to the top! Create your own WWE Superstar and overcome all the odds stacked against you.
WWE 2K Battlegrounds is available now for pre-order in Standard Edition (MSRP $39.99) and Digital Deluxe Edition (MSRP $49.99). Players who pre-order the Standard Edition will receive WWE Hall of Famer Edge®* at launch. The Digital Deluxe edition includes Edge, as well as all versions of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, The Rock and Ronda Rousey® unlocked at the beginning of play, plus 1100 bonus Golden Bucks, in-game currency that can be used to unlock Superstars, as well as cosmetic items**.
Developed by Saber Interactive, WWE 2K Battlegrounds is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is currently scheduled for worldwide release on September 18, 2020 for the PlayStation®4 system, the Xbox One family of devices, including the Xbox One X and Windows PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch™ system and Stadia.
For more information on WWE 2K Battlegrounds and 2K, visit WWE.2K.com/Battlegrounds, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WWE2KBattlegrounds or subscribe on YouTube.
*Pre-order bonus offer ends September 18, 2020. Offer period may vary by platform and region. See platform store for details. Terms apply.
**WWE Superstars, in-game currency and cosmetic items can also be unlocked by achieving in-game objectives. No additional purchase necessary.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Saber Interactive is a trademark of Saber Interactive, Inc.
Andre the Giant TM licensed by CMG Brands, LLC.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders
One on One is just the beginning @HeymanHustle takes you through ALL the match types in #WWE2KBattlegrounds! pic.twitter.com/voPoohrto6
— WWE 2K Battlegrounds (@2KBattlegrounds) August 12, 2020
Just ICYMI, big #WWE2KBattlegrounds #videogames #UPDATE from recently released WWE Monday Night RAW Executive Director @HeymanHustle (#VIDEO)
WATCH HERE: https://t.co/rP2hQavJ9Y pic.twitter.com/0h8XobYTwX
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) August 12, 2020
Also in the news …
- * Rusev On Cesaro Giving Him Black-Eye Before His Wedding (Photos)
* Update On AEW Trying To Sign Away Top Wrestling Legend From WWE
* Vince McMahon Sees Big Future Stars In 2 Talents You Wouldn’t Expect
* Brandi Rhodes Takes Credit For Recent AEW Success: “I Was The One To Do That”
* Update On Plans For “HAIR vs. HAIR” Match At WWE SummerSlam
* Sasha Banks Vs. MMA Legend (And It’s NOT Ronda Rousey) In The Works
* Extended, Unseen Footage Of Retribution’s SmackDown Debut (Video)
* AJ Styles vs. Edge WWE Dream-Match: “That’s One I Want Badly”
* WWE President Nick Khan Hired To Do What Vince McMahon Couldn’t
* Seth Rollins On Raw Underground: “I Wasn’t Entirely Offended By It”
* WWE Legend Has Interesting Take On How Vince McMahon’s Legacy
* NJPW Star Finally Shaves Off His Trademark Beard (Photos)
* Daniel Bryan vs. The Rock Being Discussed For 2021 WWE Dream Match?
* Kurt Angle Updates His Mount Rushmore Of Wrestling To Include …
* “Very Personal” Reason For Austin Theory’s “Unannounced Suspension”
REACTION: WRESTLING CHAT & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com