Former WWE and IMPACT Wrestling star Lisa Marie Varon (a.k.a. “Victoria” and “Tara”) recently appeared as a guest on the Chris Van Vliet Show for an in-depth interview reflecting back on her pro wrestling career.
During the discussion, Varon spoke to Van Vliet about meeting Torrie Wilson and the late Joanie “Chyna” Laurer and how the former tried to originally get her a job with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) due to her ties with the promotion.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where Lisa Marie Varon talks about this topic in particular.
That’s how I met Torrie, we competed in fitness together – with the same sponsor, so we had a team… Her and I were roommates and it was Miss Galaxy we were competing in, and that’s how our friendship began. Way before wrestling, and then she got into WCW and brought me backstage, and I’m like “what the hell? What is this? You’re escorting a guy to the ring and you get paid for that because you’re hot and shredded? She’s beautiful. Just stunning… She tried to get me into WCW and that was going down. They weren’t hiring anybody.
Watch the complete Lisa Marie Varon interview from The Chris Van Vliet Show via the YouTube video embedded below.
- Other Recent Articles:
* Annual WWE Queen Of The Ring Tournament Coming Soon?
* Backstage News On WWE Possibly Changing Riddle’s Character
* Interesting Backstage News On Scripting Of Roman Reigns’ Promos
* Kevin Owens To Transition Into Commentary Role With WWE?
Wrestling News Reaction & Discussion
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com