According to NXT General Manager William Regal, the current NXT roster is too stacked to have a traditional #1 Contender's Match.
With that in mind, Regal has created a new match called the "Gauntlet Eliminator" match five equally deserving competitors will go head-to-head and the last man standing will become the number one contender and face current NXT Champion Finn Balor at TakeOver 31.
- Gauntlet Eliminator Match Stipulations:
* Two Men Will Start In The Ring
* Every Four Minutes, Another Competitor Will Enter
* The Only Way To Be Eliminated Is By Pinfall Or Submission
* The Last Man Standing Will Be Named The #1 Contender For The NXT Championship And Will Go On To Face Finn Balor At NXT TakeOver
#WWENXT's roster is too stacked to do a regular No. 1 Contender's match for @FinnBalor's #NXTTitle.
Let @RealKingRegal present to you the FIRST-EVER #GauntletEliminator Match: pic.twitter.com/1YSXMxS6I5
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 17, 2020
REACTION: WWE NXT GAUNTLET ELIMINATOR MATCH* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com