In a move that hasn’t gotten a lot of publicity, WWE is now taping 205 Live prior to the live Friday Night SmackDown broadcast every week.
Usually two matches are taped for the show, followed by SmackDown and then a dark match after the show goes off air.
According to Dave Meltzer in this week’s issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline, the likely reason for this is that 205 Live being taped after SmackDown was being performed in front of both dead and empty crowds week after week.
This move has solved the empty crowd situation but the consensus is that because the audience has been conditioned to not take 205 Live that seriously, the crowd reaction remains low to these matches.
- WATCH: WWE Superstars Simply STOP Wrestling & Talk Casually During Commercial Breaks At Empty Arena SmackDown (VIDEO)
Related Useful eWrestling Links:
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com