WWE's Extreme Rules 2019 pay-per-view took place July 14th at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Kickoff Show results:
- Our Kickoff Show panel tonight is Jonathan Coachman, Beth Phoenix, Charly Caruso, and Sam Roberts. They run down the card and Coach talks about how important tonight's show is on the road to SummerSlam.
- We go backstage where Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans have some brief words for their opponents tonight Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch.
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Finn Balor (c): Balor's Intercontinental Championship is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and the two men trade strikes in the opening moments. The fight spills out to ringside and Balor takes control, ramming Nakamura into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Nakamura fights back and starts working over Balor's right arm. Balor tries to get to his feet, but Nakamura keeps him grounded with a front face lock. Balor finally fights up and drops Nakamura with a kick. Balor and Nakamura go back and forth with strikes until Balor connects with an elbow for a two count. Balor follows up with the sling blade, and then he looks for a running dropkick, but Nakamura cuts him off and kicks Balor in the face. Nakamura misses a running knee and Balor answers with a dropkick. Balor looks for the Coup De Grace, but Nakamura rolls out of the way and immediately knees Balor in the back of the head. Nakamura follows up with the Kinshasa for the three count, and we have a new Intercontinental Champion.
Winner & new Intercontinental Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura
- Balor celebrates in the ring with the IC Title belt as Balor looks on from the ramp.
- Back at the Kickoff Show panel, The New Day joins via split-screen for an interview. They wish Charly Caruso a happy birthday, and say that at the end of the night The New Day will be wearing all the gold.
- Tony Nese vs. Drew Gulak (c): Gulak's Cruiserweight Title is on the line in this one. Gulak starts off with a running dropkick on Nese right off the bat. Nese fights back with an elbow to the face, then he dumps Gulak out to ringside. Nese misses a shot off the apron, and Gulak hops on the apron for a flying clothesline on Nese. Back in the ring, Nese gets the upper hand and hits a 450 Splash off the top, and he lands almost knees-first on Gulak. He pins for a two count. Gulak fights up to his feet and they trade punches to the face and chops to the chest now. They scramble on the mat with pin attempts, until Nese lifts up Gulak on his shoulders. Nese looks for an Alabama Slam, but Gulak escapes and hits a powerbomb on Nese for a two count. Gulak follows up with the Cyclone Crash and scores the three count.
Winner & still Cruiserweight Champion: Drew Gulak
- Back at the Kickoff Show panel they review the main event matches of the card, and they introduce a video package looking at the feud leading to Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans. Coach thanks us going joining the Kickoff show, and Extreme Rules starts next.
Extreme Rules 2019 results:
- Extreme Rules opens up with a video of a close-up on a woman's lips talking about tonight's show, and there's a wheel spinning with different types of matches on it. The wheel stops and first we see highlights of Undertaker, Shane McMahon, Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre. The wheel moves another notch and we see a video package looking at Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston, and it runs down the rest of the matches on the card in similar fashion.
- Michael Cole welcomes us to the arena as we see a shot of the crowd.
- We see Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre backstage walking towards the gorilla position. Cole introduces a video package looking at their feud with Undertaker and Reigns.
- Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre vs. The Undertaker & Roman Reigns: This one is a No Holds Barred match. Reigns and Drew start this one off. Drew takes control early on, and Shane tags in for the double team. Shane pummels on Reigns in the corner, but Reigns hulks up and fights back with some punches of his own. Shane tries to break free from Reigns, but Reigns holds on to him and tags in Undertaker. Taker hits some right hands and shoulder blocks on Shane, and then an elbow drop for a two count. Taker continues the strikes on Shane, then Taker walks the ropes and hits he "Old School" on Shane. Shane finally tags in Drew, and now Drew and Taker go at it. Drew clotheslines Taker outside, but Taker pulls out Drew and punishes him. Taker hits a leg drop on the apron on Drew. Back in the ring, Reigns tags in and continues beating on Drew. Shane causes a distraction from the apron, and he pulls down the top rope so Reigns falls out to ringside. Undertaker walks around the ring and Shane runs off. Taker grabs a chair and chases Shane up the ramp. Drew and Reigns brawl on the floor and Drew slams Reigns into the steps. Back in the ring, Drew hits a suplex on Reigns for a two count, and then Shane tags back in. Shane pummels on Reigns some more, and then Drew tags back in and continues the offense. Taker finally gets the tag and cleans house. Taker beats on Shane and hits a splash on him in the corner. Taker hits the Snake Eyes on Shane in the corner, and he follows up with the big boot on Shane. Taker knocks Drew back off the apron, then he dumps Shane outside too. Taker climbs outside and brings Shane over to the announce table. It looks like Taker is about to powerbomb Shane through the table, but Elias interrupts and nails Taker with a guitar. Reigns superman punches Elias, but then Drew hits the Claymore Kick on Reigns on the floor. Taker grabs Elias, but Drew drops Taker with the Claymore Kick too. Drew and Elias lay Taker on the table, and then Shane goes to the top rope and hits a flying elbow drop on Taker through the ringside announce table. Drew and Elias drag Taker in the ring now, and they sit him in the corner wih a garbage can in front of him. Shane goes to the top rope of the opposite corner, and he hits the coast to coast dropkick on the trash can on Taker. Reigns runs around the ring and takes out Elias and starts brawling with Drew. Shane drags Taker to the middle of the ring, but he's slow to pin him. Undertaker sits straight up, grabs Shane by the throat and chokeslams him. Elias hits the ring and Taker chokeslams him too. Drew hits the ring and looks for a kick on Taker, but Reigns intercepts and spears Drew before he can get to Taker. Reigns then grabs Shane and tosses him to Taker. Taker hits the Tombstone on Shane for the three count.
Winners: The Undertaker and Roman Reigns
- Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch are backstage for a short interview about their mixed tag match tonight.
- The Revival (c) vs. The Usos: The Revival's RAW Tag Titles are on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Dawson and Jey start this one off. Dawson rolls outside for a breather with Wilder early on, and The Usos hit a dive on them over the top rope out to ringside. Back in the ring, Dawson turns things around and hits some elbow drops on Jey, and then Wilder tags in and continues the offense. Jimmy finally gets the tag, but the referee didn't see it so the ref makes him leave. The Revival continues the offense on Jey now. Jimmy finally gets the tag and he starts teeing off on Wilder with strikes, and a Samoan Drop. Wilder comes back with a powerbomb on Jey for a two count. Jey comes back with a corkscrew moonsault off the top on both Revival members. Dawson tags in and hits a brainbuster on Jey for a two count. Dawson takes Jey up top an tags in Wilder for a double team superplex and splash combo. Jimmy tags in and helps clear the ring. The Usos look for a double splash on Wilder, but Dash interrupts. This leads to the Revival hitting The Shatter Machine on Jimmy for the three count.
Winners & still RAW Tag Team Champions: The Revival
- We see a video package looking at Aleister Black's arrival on the WWE roster, and Cesaro answering his open challenge.
- Cesaro vs. Aleister Black: Aleister Black charges Cesaro right off the opening bell. Cesaro fights him off initially and sits down and poses like Black to taunt him. Black dumps Cesaro out to ringside and then hits a moonsault off the middle rope on Cesaro on the floor. Back in the ring, Black follows up with a flurry of strikes on Cesaro. Cesaro finally fights back and dumps Black out to ringside. Back in the ring, Cesaro springboards off the middle rope for a corkscrew uppercut on Black. Cesaro continues the offense on Black and starts working over his left shoulder. Black breaks free and hits a springboard moonsault off the middle rope on Cesaro. Black follows up with kicks on Cesaro, and Cesaro answers with a European uppercut. Black looks for a flying knee strike, but Cesaro catches him and drops him into a European uppercut. Cesaro pins but Black reaches the bottom rope to break the count. They run the ropes and Cesaro looks for a springboard move, but Black knocks him out of mid-air with a knee to the face. Cesaro grabs Black by the tights and throws him outside. They trade strikes on the apron, and then back in the ring Cesaro starts selling a leg injury. Black follows up with leg kicks to Cesaro, and then Black applies a knee bar on Cesaro. Cesaro fights out and puts Black in the sharpshooter. Cesaro transitions into a crossface on Black, but Black fights out. Black hits a knee to the face, and both men are down. Black and Cesaro trade strikes in the ring, and Cesaro looks for the Neutralizer, but Black escapes. Black connects with more kicks on Cesaro, and then he hits the Black Mass for the three count.
Winner: Aleister Black
- R-Truth and Carmella are backstage putting up Wanted posters for Drake Maverick, or as Truth calls him "Hornswoggle." Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross come out of a door in the hallway, and Truth asks if they've seen him. Bliss says he's in the women's bathroom, but Carmella grabs Truth and drags him down the hall. Alexa gives Nikki a t-shirt as a gif, and then the Street Prophets interrupt. They ask where the party is at, and they make fun of Alexa's claim that her and Nikki will be co-champions. Nikki yells at them that they're going to prove them wrong.
- Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs. Bayley: This one is a two-on-one handicap match for Bayley's SmackDown Women's Championship. Alexa and Nikki play the numbers game to take control of this one early on. Nikki hangs Bayley upside down in the corner, then tags in Alexa who continues the offense on Bayley in the corner. Bayley breaks free and knocks Nikki off the apron, but then Alexa catches Bayley in a sleeper. Bayley breaks free and starts fighting back with right hands. Bayley drops Alexa with a lariat and then starts pummeling on Bliss. Bayley then dives out of the ring with a splash on Nikki at ringside. Back in the ring, Bayley hits a neckbreaker for a two count. Nikki tags in and Bayley starts going at it with her now. Bayley looks for a submission on Alexa, but Alexa runs in. Alexa ends up missing a leg drop, and Bayley puts her in a crossface. Alexa bites Bayley's hand to break free. Bayley dumps Alexa outside, then she drops Nikki and heads to the top rope. Bayley follows up with the flying elbow drop for the three count.
Winner & still SmackDown Women's Champion: Bayley
- We see a video package looking at the feud between Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman.
- Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley: This one is a Last Man Standing match. Before the bell, Braun and Bobby brawl at ringside. Back in the ring, the ref calls for the opening bell, and Braun controls the opening moments of this one. He knocks Bobby out to ringside and shoulder tackles him on the floor. Lashley comes back with a spear. They brawl out into the crowd, and Lashley starts nailing Strowman with a steel chair. They fight up the stairs and out into the hallways of the building, where fans cheer them on as the fight. Security struggles to hold fans back as Bobby and Braun brawl through the hallways, with Bobby getting the upper hand. Braun comes back when he suplexes Bobby into a wall of merchandise. They fight back into the fans inside the arena and Braun tackles Bobby on the floor again. They fight back to ringside and Bobby tackles Braun over one of the announce tables. Bobby flips the announce table on to Braun, but Braun is able to slide up from under it. Braun walks off into the crowd, and Bobby leaps on top of the fan barricade. Bobby loses his footing, and Braun grabs him and throws Bobby over one of the international announce teams. Braun and Bobby continue brawling on the floor, and then up the stairs. Bobby appears to shove a fan in front of Braun, and Braun shoves the "fan" down the stairs. They continue to fight up on to a platform. Braun picks up Bobby and powerslams him off the platform and into what looks like a giant wooden container. The ref starts counting outside the box. Braun breaks out of the side of the box and is standing. The referee reaches his 10 count, and Bobby Lashley is still down, so Strowman wins.
Winner: Braun Strowman
- Braun walks back to the ring and celebrates on the turnbuckle as we go to replays.
- We see AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson backstage for a short interview. AJ briefly talks about his match with Ricochet tonight.
- We see a pre-taped promo from Heavy Machinery before the match.
- Rowan & Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Big E & Xavier Woods: Bryan and Rowan's SmackDown Tag Titles are on the line in this one. Tucker tags in and goes at it with Woods, and then Rowan tags himself in and continues beating on Woods. Bryan tags back in and puts Woods in a surfboard submission. Rowan tags back in and hits a backbreaker on Woods, then knocks Big E off the apron. At ringside, Bryan throws Big E into the ring steps. In the ring, Woods drops Rowan with a kick, but Big E isn't there to tag in. Woods hits a missile dropkick off the top on Rowan. Woods tags in Otis, and Otis cleans house. Otis hits a spinning powerslam on Bryan, and then a t-bone suplex. Otis follows up with the Caterpillar, then Tucker tags in for the double team. Big E tags himself in and hits a suplex on Tucker. Big E goes for a splash, but Tucker blocks it with his knees. Otis tags in for the double team on Big E. Rowan comes in and hits a spinning heel kick on Otis, then he dumps Woods out to ringside. Bryan then hits flying knee to the face on Woods at ringside. Big E then dumps Rowan out to ringside, and Big E also spears Bryan off the apron to the floor. Otis charges at the ropes, but instead of diving he steps out on to the apron, and then hits a splash on Woods, Big E and Rown at ringside. Tucker then goes to the top rope and hits a flying cross body on Rowan and Big E. Otis throws Big E back in the ring, and Tucker joins. They double team Big E with the Compactor, but Woods breaks up the pin. Heavy Machinery double teams Woods next, then Rowan runs in and starts going at it with them. Otis and Tucker take turns hitting splashes on Rowan in the corner. Heavy Machinery takes Rowan to the top turnbuckle for a superplex, Big E runs in and breaks it up by powerbombing Tucker and Otis off the turnbuckle. Big E then goes up and grabs Rowan, who is still on the top turnbuckle. Big E superplexes Rowan off the top, but Bryan tagged himself in. Bryan hits a flying headbutt off the top rope on Big E, and then he puts Big E in the Yes Lock. Big E reaches the ropes to break the hold, and Bryan follows up with kicks to Big E. Big E fights up and Bryan slaps him across the face a few times, and Big E starts hulking up. Big E drops Bryan with a clothesline. Bryan looks for a moonsault off the top, but Big E catches him and then Woods tags himself in. They hit the Midnight Hour double team on Woods for the three count, and we have new SmackDown Tag Champs.
Winners & new SmackDown Tag Team Champions: Big E & Xavier Woods
- The New Day is backstage for an interview with their new SmackDown Tag Title belts. Before the interview can start, Paul Heyman snatches the microphone away an walks out to the stage. Heyman says he is Philadelphia and he is Extreme, and he has a spoiler - in that ring tonight Brock Lesnar will cash in his Money In The Bank contract. Heyman says they will leave with either the WWE Championship or the Universal Championship. Heyman says it would make him stupid if he told everyone in advance, so they should wonder if he's telling them the truth.
- Ricochet (c) vs. AJ Styles: Ricochet's U.S. Title is on the line in this one. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are at ringside in AJ's corner, and Gallows and Anderson attack Ricochet before the match. AJ "calls them off," and the referee allows Ricochet time to recover before starting. The opening bell sounds and AJ and Ricochet trade strikes in the opening moments. Ricochet takes control with a big dropkick and AJ rolls outside for a breather. Ricochet flips out to the apron and kicks AJ, then hits a standing shooting star press off the apron on to AJ on the floor. Anderson causes a distraction on the floor and AJ attacks Ricochet from behind now. Back in the ring, AJ continues beating on Ricochet and trying to keep him grounded. Ricochet fights back with a jawbreaker and trades strikes with AJ now. Ricochet follows up with a series of kicks, and then hits a flying clothesline. Ricochet goes up top and then hits a flying cross body on Gallows and Anderson at ringside. Ricochet hits multiple suplexes on AJ now for a two count. Ricochet goes up top, but AJ grabs him and hits a fireman's carry into a neckbreaker on the Champion. Ricochet tries to fight back with a DDT, but AJ reverses it and suplexes Ricochet into the corner. AJ misses a Phenomenal Forearm, but he connects with a facebuster for a two count. Ricochet comes back with a swinging neckbreaker for a two count of his own. They fight up to the top turnbuckle, and Ricochet knocks him down and hits a Shooting Star Press. Ricochet pins, but Karl Anderson points out AJ's foot is under the bottom rope, so the ref stops counting. Anderson gets on the apron and Ricochet kicks him. The referee helps Anderson back out of the ring, and Gallows hits a cheap shot on Ricochet from behind. This leads to AJ hitting a Styles Clash on Ricochet off the middle rope for the three count.
Winner & new U.S. Champion: AJ Styles
- AJ celebrates with his new U.S. Title belt with Gallows and Anderson.
- Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler: The opening bell sounds and Ziggler slaps Owens across the face. Owens is not happy, and he kicks Ziggler in the midsection and gives him a Stone Cold Stunner. Owens immediately pins for the three count after a very, very short match.
Winner: Kevin Owens
- After the match, Owens gets on the mic and starts cutting a promo on Shane McMahon. Owens says Shane is taking television time from wrestlers who deserve it. Owens says he spears for himself, everyone in the locker room, and everyone in the arena, and says Shane can kiss his ass and go straight to hell.
- Samoa Joe cuts a promo on Kofi Kingston at the gorilla position, and says he's going to end his unimpressive Title reign tonight.
- Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston (c): Kofi charges immediately off the opening bell. Kofi misses a kick and Joe slams him down, then follows up with a series of right hands on the Champion. Kofi misses a shot and starts selling a leg injury, then Joe shoulder tackles him down. Kofi fights up to his feet, but Joe slams Kofi in the corner and then hits the Pele kick on him, and Kofi is down for a two count. Kofi starts fighting back again, and he goes for a springboard cross body, but Joe walks off to avoid it. Kofi lands on his feet and hits a leaping clothesline on Joe. Joe rolls out to ringside and turns it around on Kofi, then takes him back in the ring for some kicks. Joe takes Kofi out to ringside and puts Kofi's fingers in between the ring steps and then stomps on them. Back in the ring, Joe slaps Kofi around and taunts him. Kofi gives Joe the middle finger, and Joe stomps on him. Kofi fights up and his a dropkick and then a leaping clothesline. Kofi goes up top and hits a flying cross body on Joe for a two count. Kofi runs off the ropes, but Joe catches him with a spinning powerslam for a two count. Joe hits a powerbomb, and he transitions into an STF. Joe transitions to a crossface, but Kofi is able to reach the ropes with his feet to break the hold. Joe wastes some time, and Kofi comes back with the SOS for a two count. Kofi looks for the Trouble In Paradise, but Joe catches him in the Coquina Clutch. Kofi tries to run up the turnbuckle to press off, but Joe slams Kofi down and then hits a senton drop for a two count. Kofi and Joe trade strikes now until Joe misses one and Kofi answers with the Trouble In Paradise kick for the three count.
Winner & still WWE Champion: Kofi Kingston
- Kofi celebrates with his WWE Title and heads up the ramp as Cole introduces a Rocket League commercial.
- We see a video package looking at the feud leading to Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans.
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans: Rollins' Universal Title and Lynch's RAW Women's Title are both on the line in this match. Lacey and Becky start off, but Seth and Baron quickly tag in. Seth hits a sling blade on Corbin, but then Lacey runs in with a kendo stick and swings it at Seth. Becky grabs a kendo stick of her own and runs in and starts nailing Lacey with it. The fight spills out to ringside, and Rollins and Becky take control. Back in the ring, Rollins hits a spinning elbow to the face on Corbin. Corbin goes out to ringside and gets a steel chair and nails Rollins with it from the apron. Corbin unfolds two chairs in the ring and looks for a chokeslam on Rollins, but Rollins escapes and elbows Corbin. Corbin comes back with a kick and he DDTs Rollins on to a chair for a two count. Rollins comes back and throws Corbin into a chair in the corner, then Becky and Lacey tag in. Becky and Lacey start fighting with steel chairs and Becky gets the upper hand. Becky hits a bulldog on Lacey on a steel chair. Becky then hits a t-bone suplex on Lacey on to some chairs in the ring. Becky puts a steel chair on top of Lacey's torso, then Becky goes to the middle rope and hits a flying leg drop on the chair on Lacey for a two count. Becky goes to the top rope, but Corbin pulls Lacey out of the way to safety. Rollins hits Corbin, then Rollins holds a chair in front of Corbin and Becky dropkicks the chair into Corbin. Rollins clotheslines Corbin out to ringisde and they both crash out to the floor. Lacey fights back and drops Becky, then hits a slingshot elbow drop her. Lacey goes up top and his a moonsault for a two count. Lacey appears to be bleeding from her mouth. Lacey misses a punch and Becky looks for the Disarm-her. Lacey escapes, but Becky is able to grab her and hit a reverse DDT. Rollins tags in, but Corbin is still laying on the ringside floor. Rollins grabs some tables from under the ring, and they set up both tables at ringside. Corbin gets up and slams Rollins into the fan barricade a couple times, and Lacey slams Becky into the ring steps. Corbin grabs some kendo sticks and gives one to Lacey, and they both start nailing Rollins with them. Corbin and Evans both hit chokeslams on Becky and Seth at the same time, for two counts. They fight back out to ringside now and the challengers appear to waste some time. Corbin and Lacey try to double suplex Rollins through the table at ringside, but Becky runs over and turns it into a double suplex on Corbin and Lacey on the ramp. They lay Evans and Corbin each on the tables at ringside, and Becky hits a flying leg drop from the turnbuckle on to Lacey through the table, and Rollins hits a frogsplash off the top on Corbin through the table. Back in the ring, Rollins looks for the curb stomp, but Corbin catches him and powerbombs him. Corbin follows up with the Deep Six and pins, but Becky breaks it up. Lacey hits the ring but Becky throws her back outside. Corbin grabs Becky and hits the End of Days on Becky. Seth grabs a kendo stick and unloads on Corbin with a series of shots, then Rollins grabs a steel chair and does the same. Rollins follows up with the curb stomp on Corbin. Rollins hits another curb stomp, and then a thid one for the three count.
Winners & still champions: Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch
- After the match, Brock Lesnar's music hits, and Lesnar makes his way out with Paul Heyman and the Money In The Bank briefcase. Brock hits the ring and hits a German suplex on Rollins. Brock hits another German, and then Heyman tells the ref to cash in the Money In The Bank contract. The bell sounds, and we have a match.
- Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins (c): Brock immediately hit sthe F-5 on Rollins and pins for the three count.
Winner & new Universal Champion: Brock Lesnar
- Heyman gets in the ring and celebrates with Brock and his new WWE Universal Title. Brock puts on the belt as we go to replays. Lesnar and Heyman stand on the stage and look down at Rollins and Becky at ringside as Extreme Rules goes off the air.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com