Another one bites the dust.
On Friday evening, WWE confirmed the release of Zelina Vega.
The company took to their official website and announced that they have released Zelina Vega with the following statement being released this afternoon to confirm the news.
Zelina Vega released
“WWE has come to terms on the release of Zelina Vega. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors.”
Minutes before WWE made it official, Vega tweeted that she supports unionization and many figured she was released because of that comment.
I support unionization.
— (@Zelina_VegaWWE) November 13, 2020
While it’s true that Vega opposes WWE’s new edict regarding third party platforms like Twitch, she was released first and then made those very public comments. It is worth noting, however, that ultimately her release from WWE all likely stems from her vocal displeasure at the company’s new policy.
Vega has a 90-day non-compete clause, so she will not be able to sign to work for any other pro wrestling promotions until around mid-February.
We will keep you posted here at eWrestling.com as updates continue to surface regarding the WWE release of Zelina Vega.
- UPDATE: Even MORE Surprise Returns For EPIC “Final Farewell” Planned For Undertaker At WWE Survivor Series REVEALED~!! (*SPOILERS*)
I want to say thank you all very much for the last 3-4 years @WWEUniverse, it was incredible. I would have never have been able to say “this is for you dad” if certain people did not believe in me. I love you all and I couldn’t have done it without your support pic.twitter.com/R4fI9r64Vm
— (@Zelina_VegaWWE) November 14, 2020
REACTION: WWE Fires Zelina Vega
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
— (@Zelina_VegaWWE) October 5, 2020