The 2016 edition of WWE’s annual Hell In A Cell pay-per-view airs live from the TD Garden Arena in Boston, MA. Keep refreshing this page for live results and comment with your thoughts!
– Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev: The cage lowers from the ceiling and the United States Title match will be starting things off tonight. Lots of back-and-forth brawling outside the ring, with both competitors throwing each other into the cage walls. The fans duel with “Let’s Go Rusev” and “Rusev Sucks” chants. Reigns throws Rusev hard into the cage then drops him with a big boot on the floor. Reigns goes to grab a table from under the ring, but Rusev stops him and throws him into the cell then follows up with a splash. Rusev, who has a cut on his arm from going into the cage wall, takes things back in the ring and keeps Reigns grounded. Reigns dodges a splash in the corner and comes back with a series of ten clotheslines and a big boot on Rusev. Rusev prepares for a Superman punch, but Rusev rolls outside. Reigns rolls out and goes for the Drive-By on Rusev, but Rusev dodges it and drops the champion with a clothesline. Rusev goes to work on Reigns at ringside, throwing him into the ring steps and the cage. Rusev throws Reigns and the steel steps into the ring, and he sets up the steel steps on a turnbuckle. Rusev goes to throw Reigns into the steps, but Reigns reverses and drops Rusev with a series of punches. The two take turns throwing each other into the cage at ringside. The crowd has been chanting for tables on-and-off for about five minutes. Rusev goes under the ring apron and grabs a table which pops the crowd, but he drops it and takes a kendo stick instead. Reigns comes out of nowhere with a dropkick, then takes the Kendo stick and tees off on Rusev. They get back in the ring but Rusev ties up Reigns in the ropes by his arms. Rusev grabs the kendo stick and hits Reigns nine times, then breaks it over his knee. Rusev taunts the crowd, and when he turns around Reigns has gotten himself free and hits the challenger with a spear. The crowd has been 50/50 until this point, but they clearly favor Rusev when he starts exchanging right hands with Reigns in the middle of the ring. Reigns ducks a big boot and hits the Superman punch for a two count. Reigns goes for another Superman punch, but Rusev blocks it with a big boot then throws Reigns into the steel steps set up on the turnbuckle for a two count. Rusev locks The Accolade on Reigns in the middle of the ring but he fights out. Rusev immediately drops Reigns with a kick to the head that sends Riegns rolling outside. Rusev goes under the ring and grabs a chain and wraps it around his fist. Reigns hits Rusev with a series of right hands and the chain goes flying in the ring. Back in the ring, Rusev gets the chain and beats down Roman with it. Rusev grabs another set of steel steps from ringside and throws them in the ring. The challenger slams Reigns’ head into the steps then hits a big boot for another two count. Rusev lays Reigns on the ring steps, grabs the chain, and locks the Accolade in on Reigns with the chain around his face. Reigns fights out and gets Rusev up on his shoulders. Reigns hits a Samoan drop ontop of the steel steps, then as Rusev is standing up, Reigns spears him off of the steps for the win.
– Kevin Owens gets interviewed backstage and cuts a promo about powerbombing Seth Rollins onto the corner of the ring apron on RAW. Owens says he’ll still be the Universal Champion when he leaves tonight, and that makes him “the man.”
– Bayley def. Dana Brooke: After some back and forth action in the opening minutes, Dana Brooke dodges a splash in the corner and goes to work on Bayley’s injured shoulder. The story of the match becomes Dana wearing down Bayley’s bad shoulder. Bayley comes back with a series of elbow strikes using her good arm, then hits a flying elbow in the crner. Bayley follows up with a vertical suplex and a corkscrew elbow off the middle rope. Bayley goes for the belly to belly suplex but Dana blocks it. Bayley attemps the belly to belly a second time, and this time she hits it for the win.
– Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon are in the back talking about how well tonight’s show is going. Chris Jericho interrupts, then accuses Foley of interrupting him. Jericho busts out the list and threatens to add foley to it, again. Jericho tells Foley to watch “it” and then advises Stephanie about who she should choose for Team RAW for Survivor Series. Jericho says that him and Kevin Owens should be leading Team RAW. Foley tells Jericho he should be more worried about if Owens will make it out of the Cell tonight in one piece, and with that — Jericho silently adds Foley to the list and walks away.
– Karl Anderson & Big Cass def. Enzo Amore & Big Cass: Enzo and Cass cut a promo on Gallows and Anderson before the match. Enzo and Cass hit some double team moves on Gallows and Anderson early on, with Cass finally gorilla pressing Enzo out of the ring into the heels on the floor at ringside. Back in the ring, Gallows comes back and starts beating down Enzo. Gallows ties up Enzo upside down in the corner then dropkicks him. Gallows follows up with a vertical suplex, then tags in Anderson who kicks Enzo in the side of the head. Anderson takes Enzo to the top rope for a superplex, but Enzo fights him off and hits a tornado DDT on Anderson. Cass and Gallows both tag in, and Cass cleans house. Cass drops Gallows with a big boot, then pulls Anderson in the ring. Cass hits a series of splashes on both of them before throwing Anderson back outside. Cass hits another big boot on Gallows then hits the Empire Elbow. Cass hits a fallaway slam on Gallows then goes for a big boot, but Gallows ducks and Cass crotches himself on the top rope. Enzo tags in and gets some offense in on Gallows, but Gallows quickly drops him with a superkick. Gallows tags in Anderson and they hit the Magic Killer on Enzo for the win.
– Kevin Owens (c) def. Seth Rollins: The Cell lowers from the ceiling and the Universal Championship match is up next. The action goes out to the floor at ringside immediately with Rollins throwing Owens into the wall of the cage. Back in in the ring Rollins hits a Sling Blade for a two count. Rollins keeps Owens grounded in the ring then hits a Blockbuster off the middle rope. Rollins goes outside and grabs a table from under the ring. Rollins rolls back in the ring, but Owens drops him and hits a series of senton splashes. Owens continues beating down Rollins then hits a cannonball in the ring, then one in the corner of the cage outside. Back in the ring, Rollins superkicks Owens, Owens returns with a superkick of his own, Rollins hits an enziguri, then Owens hits a lariat and both men are down. Owens is the first to get up, and he leans a table up between the ring apron and the cage wall. The leaning table has another table set up on the floor beneath it. Owens and Rollins start fighting on the apron and Rollins hits a brainbuster on the apron. Rollins hits two suicide dives on Owens to the outside. Owens grabs a fire extinguisher from under the ring, hits Rollins with it then sprays it in the referee’s face. The outside referee opens the door to let the injured referee out. The crowd pops huge and the camera turns around to show us that Y2J is running down the ramp. Jericho runs in the cage and locks the door behind him, with the not-injured referee inside. Rollins lays out Owens in the commotion, then bumps Jericho off the apron into the cage wall. After some brawling in the ring, Rollins hits a big springboard knee to the head of Owens off the top rope. Rollins goes fr the Pedigree on Owens but Jericho interferes, so Rollins hits one on Jericho instead. Rollins turns around to a superkick from Owens. Owens goes to powerbomb Rollins into the table leaned up against the cage, but Rollins gets out and powerbombs Owens through the tables at ringside. Rollins rolls Owens back in the ring and hits a frogsplash off the top, but Jericho breaks up the pin. Rollins drops Jericho at ringside with a kick to the head then throws him into the cage wall. Rollins powerbombs Jericho into the cage wall then gets back in the ring. Owens hits Rollins with a superkick then a pop-up powerbomb for a two count. Jericho gives Owens a chair and Owens starts repeatedly hitting Rollins in the back with it. Rollins grabs a chair and briefly fights back, but Owens drops him with a DDT onto a chair. Jericho instructs Owens to set up two chairs in the seated position, and then Owens powerbombs Rollins through the chairs for the win. Jericho and Owens celebrate in the cage as Rollins lays on the mat.
– As Kevin Owens walks to the back, Jericho returns to the Cell. Rollins is being helped to his feet in the ring when Jericho rolls in and hits a Codebreaker on Rollins. Jericho gets in Rollins’ face and talks trash to him, then walks up the ramp and hugs Owens before they go behind the curtain.
– Brian Kendrick def. TJ Perkins: After some back and forth chain wrestling and pin attempts in the opening minutes, Cruiserweight Champion Perkins hits a springboard moonsault on Kendrick and starts pummeling on him. Kendrick comes back and starts working on Perkins’ arm, then he undoes the tape around Perkins’ wrist to tie him to the bottom rope and stomp on his arm. TJ Perkins reverses a headlock with a neckbreaker then hits a springboard missile dropkick off the top on Kendrick. Perkins follows up with a suicide dive on Kendrick on the outside. Back in the ring, the champion and the challenger trade kicks to the head until Perkins hits a Detonation Kick for a near-fall. Perkins follows up with a wrecking ball dropkick, but Kendrick comes back with a back suplex into a pin for a two count. Perkins goes for a clothesline of his own but Kendrick escapes and locks in the Captain’s Hook. Perkins escapes and locks in a knee bar on Kendrick. Kendrick reaches the ropes then goes for a Sliced Bread 2 on Perkins. Perkins gets out and Kendrick starts selling a knee injury. The referee backs off Perkins and starts checking on Kendrick. Perkins looks concerned and walks over to check on Kendrick, and Kendrick headbutts him and locks in the Hook. Perkins taps out and we have a new Cruiserweight Champion.
– Sheamus & Cesaro def. The New Day (c) via DQ: The New Day cuts a promo before the match. Sheamus and Cesaro control the opening minutes of the match by quickly tagging in and out to work on Xavier. Xavier comes back with a missile dropkick on Cesaro, and then Big E and Sheamus get the tags. Big E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes on Sheamus then hits a running splash. Cesaro tries to hit the ring but Xavier throws him outside then hits a somersault over the top rope onto Cesaro at ringside. Back in the ring, Big E hits a powerbomb, then Sheamus comes back with a running powerslam. Sheamus throws Big E in the corner and Xavier tags himself in. Sheamus drops Xavier with the White Noise for a two count. Sheamus hits a rolling senton on Xavier, then Cesaro tags in and hits a double foot stomp for a two count. Xavier fights out of a Swing attempt, then hits an elbow drop off the top rope onto Cesaro. Cesaro comes back with some European uppercuts and successfully swings Xavier, but Big E interrupts and suplexes Cesaro into the turnbuckle. Sheamus breaks up a double team attempt on Cesaro, but ends up accidentally hitting a big boot on Cesaro when Big E ducks. Xavier pins Cesaro but Sheamus breaks it up. Sheamus throws Xavier outside with Big E and Kofi, then comes off the top rope with a slash onto all of them at ringside. Xavier and Cesaro roll back in the ring and Cesaro gets Xavier in a Sharpshooter. At ringside, Sheamus hits Big E with the trombone, then Kofi kicks Sheamus in the head. The referee only sees Kofi kick Sheamus in the head, and calls for the disqualification. Woods tapped out right after the referee called for the DQ.
– Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte: Charlotte comes out on a throne being carried by people, and Sasha comes out in a Cadillac Escalade. Before the Cell comes all the way down, Charlotte attacks Sasha and beats her down around ringside and into the crowd. Cole reminds us that the bell hasn’t rung yet. They fight back through the crowd to ringside, and the Cell is now on the ground so they will have to enter through the door. Sasha clears the Spanish announce table, and Charlotte starts climbing the side of the cage. Sasha climbs up after her and knocks her off down to the floor. Charlotte grabs Sasha off the Cell wall and powerbombs her through the Spanish announce table. Sasha is selling a back injury as referees hold back Charlotte. The referee calls for medics and they come out and put a neck brace on Sasha at ringside. It’s announced that Sasha is unable to compete and Charlotte is awarded the Women’s Championship. Sasha comes off the stretcher and fights off some referees. The referee decides that the match will happen after all, and Sasha hits the ring. The cage door is locked and Sasha starts chopping Charlotte in the chest and throwing her into the cage. Charlotte slams Sasha into the ring post then hits a standing monkey flip that sends Sasha into the Cell wall. Back in the ring, Sasha hits a backstabber and the Banks Statement on Charlotte. Charlotte fights out and throws Sasha to the outside. Charlotte throws Sasha and a steel chair into the ring, but Sasha comes back with baseball slide dropkicks and a suicide dive that all send Charlotte crashing into the cage wall. Back in the ring, Sasha unfolds the chair and sits in the middle, then Charlotte hits a series of chops to the chest on Sasha. Sasha comes back with a series of right hands, then hits a drop toe hold that sends Charlotte face-first into the chair. Sasha runs off the ropes and Charlotte catches her with a side walk slam right onto the steel chair for a two count. The fight goes to the floor at ringside, and Sasha climbs the cage wall and comes off with a double knee strike on Charlotte. Sasha hits a series of double knees on Charlotte up against the cage. Back in the ring, Sasha hits a series of three vertical suplexes then goes to the top rope and hits a frogsplash for a two count. Sasha hits some more knees strikes on Charlotte, then sets her up in the corner and hits a double knee drop off the top. Charlotte kicks out at two the rolls outside. She pulls Sasha out by the hair and slams her head into the steel ring steps. Charlotte sets up a table at ringside then goes up to the top rope with Sasha. Sasha ends up pushing Charlotte down to the apron then kicking her off through the table. Sasha gets another table and slides it in the ring. Charlotte hits a backbreaker and a big boot, then locks in the Figure Four. Sasha grabs a chair and hits Charlotte with it to break the hold. Charlotte comes back with two backbreakers and a side walk slam for a two count. Charlotte climbs the turnbuckle and Sasha hits her from behind and goes for a powerbomb, but her back gives out and she falls. Charlotte throws Sasha onto the table a couple times and it doesn’t break, then she hits the Natural Selection for the win. Charlotte celebrates with the Women’s Championship as Sasha sells her back in the ring.