Keith Lee made quick work of Randy Orton last weekend during their Payback match as there was no real indication going in what direction WWE would be taking with the finish of the match.
Orton, while losing in decisive fashion, is getting another title shot against Drew McIntyre at Clash of Champions later this month and the speculation is that he will win the match and become the new WWE champion.
Lee’s quick win over Orton will then come into play later this year and possibly into next year as the two start a feud over the championship.
As for Lee, management is said to be extremely high on him and ready to give him (or continue with) a significant push.
There was a report from Alex McCarthy of Talksport that prior to the match at Payback, Vince McMahon approached Randy Orton to hammer home the point that he wanted Lee to come out of the bout looking like a major star and Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda also notes that Lee is well-liked backstage and is in line for a “big, steady push” and that his presentation and look is likely to be “tweaked” moving forward.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom