Like any good company, WWE is always in search of new, talented employees.
On Thursday, WWE posted on their WWE Corporate website an announcement regarding the company looking to hire new, full-time writers.
The listing on the website reads as follows:
Los Angeles, CA
**THE WWE CREATIVE TEAM IS CURRENTLY STAFFING JUNIOR TO SENIOR LEVEL WRITING POSITIONS**
This role will be based in Stamford, CT.
WWE develops and produces the longest running weekly episodic television show in history. With 52 weeks of original programming combining action, adventure, comedy, horror, drama and reality, the creative team’s goal is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television.
• Develop clearly defined yet emotionally complex characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars
• Script descriptive, thought-provoking, edgy, creative storylines for Monday Night RAW, SmackDown LIVE as well as select programming on the WWE Network
• Collaborate with a team of road and home-based writers to create compelling Monday Night RAW and Smackdown LIVE stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
• Provide punch-up for specific scripted segments as well as review the totality of entire episodes for continuity and flow
• Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE brand and each talent’s skills and history
• Minimum of five years professional writing for TV, film or social media
• Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
• Writing and directing reality television a plus
• Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus
• Plugged into pop culture
• Work closely and effectively with Talent, Writers, and Producers
• Strong understanding of WWE’s audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus but not required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or industry experience in lieu of degree
For more information on WWE’s new job listing, visit MyWorkDayJobs.com.
- Detailed Backstage News Report On CHAOS Backstage At WWE TV Tapings This Week (What Happened & Why?!?)