The January 1, 2020 episode of WWE NXT aired on the USA Network and was the Year-End Awards special.
– Tonight’s broadcast opens up with a video package recapping some of NXT’s milestones in 2019.
– Cathy Kelley, Pat MacAfee and Sam Roberts welcome us to the show from a studio. They hype up tonight’s Year-End Awards, and they begin talking about the Match Of The Year candidates.
– They start off the show with the #3 ranked Match Of The Year: The Tag Team Ladder Match from TakeOver: XXV between The Street Profits, The Undisputed Era, and The Forgotten Sons.
– It’s time to announce the award for Tag Team Of The Year. The award goes to all four members of The Undisputed Era. We see the Era come out to the ring in the empty NXT Arena to accept their award.
– Back from the commercial break, Sam Roberts explains that these awards are determined by the WWE Universe, WWE employees, and their partners at the USA Network.
– It’s time for the male wrestler of the year award, and it goes to Adam Cole. The Era comes out to the ring again in the empty arena, and they bask in have both awards so far. Cole gives a speech saying he’s not surprised.
– Up next is the female competitor of the year award. The award goes to Shayna Baszler. Shayna and the MMA Horsewomen come out to the ring to accept the award. Shayna says she was the most dominant champion in WWE or NXT, and she will be again.
– It’s time for the Feud Of The Year award, and it goes to Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano. Cole and Gargano both come out to the ring to accept their awards from William Regal.
– They air the #2 match of the year now – the women’s WarGames match.
– The award for Future Star Of The Year is up next. The award goes to Dakota Kai, and she comes out to the ring to accept her golden bell from William Regal.
– We see a promo vieo for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament, returning in 2020. The NXT teams are: The Undisputed Era, Forgotten Sons, Riddle & Dunne, and Kushia & a mystery partner. The NXT UK teams are the Grizzled Young Veterans, Gallus, Imperium, and Andrews & Webster.
– Now it’s time for the TakeOver Of The Year award. The winner is TakeOver: WarGames, and we see a highlight video from the event.
– The award for Breakout Star Of The Year is next. The award goes to Keith Lee. We cut to a video of Triple H presenting Keith Lee with his award. Lee thanks everyone who voted, and says you ain’t seen nothing yet.
– It’s time for the reveal of the #1 match of the year: Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano from TakeOver: New York.
– We go back to the studio where Cathy, Sam and Pat talk about how highly they think of the NXT roster. It’s time for the last award now, the Overall Competitor Of The Year. And the winner is: Adam Cole. Cole and the Undisputed Era come out to the ring to accept the award. Cole cuts a promo saying that this is just the beginning of the Era of the Undisputed. The Era members hold up their awards as NXT goes off the air.