The following is from WWE.com:
UPDATE, 9/7/20: Sasha Banks and Big E have both been discharged from the hospital and are recovering at home, WWE.com has learned.
INITIAL REPORT: After a wild night on SmackDown, Sasha Banks and Big E found themselves in need of medical attention.
The Boss seemingly sustained a knee injury after crashing into the ring post during the WWE Women’s Tag Team Title Match, then being on the receiving end of Shayna Baszler’s relentless offense. But the worst was yet to come for Banks. After she refused medical attention, Banks was brutally attacked by her partner and best friend, Bayley, who culminating the assault by wrapping a steel chair around Banks’ neck and jumping off the second rope to stomp on it. Banks was taken from the WWE ThunderDome in an ambulance. WWE.com can confirm that Banks was taken to a local medical facility and is being evaluated.
Big E was initially scheduled to take part in the Fatal 4-Way to determine who will challenge Universal Champion Roman Reigns at WWE Clash of Champions. However, Sheamus ambushed Big E prior to the match, driving him through the windshield of a car with White Noise. Big E suffered lacerations as a result of the attack. He was taken to a local medical facility, where he is undergoing a battery of tests.
Stick with WWE.com and WWE’s Digital and Social platforms for more on Sasha Banks and Big E as updates become available.
- WWE Stars React To New Rule Banning Twitch, Cameo: CM Punk, Renee Young & Others SHOOT HARD (MUST-READ UPDATE!)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com