Kevin Dunn recently sounded off on the company moving their television and pay-per-view shoots from the WWE Performance Center facility to the Amway Center venue in Orlando, Florida starting this week.
The longtime WWE producer who is as high up as any executive in the company spoke with Sports Illustrated for a new interview and addressed being able to create a bigger spectacle at WWE shows as a result of the move.
Featured below is an excerpt from the new Sports Illustrated interview with longtime WWE producer Kevin Dunn.
When people think of WWE, most think of the spectacle that we are, but it was just impossible to put on a spectacle in the Performance Center. Moving to Amway, and unveiling the ThunderDome, the opportunities are limitless.
We can now do things production-wise that we could never otherwise do. We’re flying drones in the arena, we are putting a roof inside the Amway Center, and we’ll be able to project content onto the roof. So when a big star like Drew McIntyre comes down to the ring, the whole arena will turn into his content with lasers, pyro, smoke, projections on the top of the building and on the floor. It will be a big, beautiful entrance, better than WrestleMania.
Like the NBA, we’re doing virtual fans, but we’re also creating an arena-type atmosphere. We won’t have a flat board, we’ll have rows and rows and rows of fans. We’ll have almost 1,000 LED boards, and it will recreate the arena experience you’re used to seeing with WWE. The atmosphere will be night and day from the Performance Center. This is going to let us have a WrestleMania-level production value, and that’s what our audience expects from us. We are also going to put arena audio into the broadcast, similar to baseball, but our audio will be mixed with the virtual fans. So when fans start chants, we’ll hear them. We start on Friday on SmackDown, and it will be a learning experience. We have two days of testing, and we’re going to practice like hell, then we’re off to the races. We may have fans for certain entrances, standing up and cheering for the typical babyfaces. But someone like Bray Wyatt, who is so character-driven, the entire Amway Arena will be one big Fiend-dom. That’s our opportunity to be different from sports, where we can present these larger-than-life characters uniquely. This will be great for people watching at home across the globe, as well as the ones participating.
Check out the complete Kevin Dunn interview at SI.com.
- FIRST LOOK: WWE setting up at new venue for first time since COVID-19 outbreak for upcoming TV taping and SummerSlam PPV (PHOTOS)
MORE RECENT WWE, AEW & WRESTLING NEWS
* Batista Reveals Never-Before Told Story About Hulk Hogan Confronting Him Backstage
* Big Surprise Superstar Coming Soon To Compete In Raw Underground?!
* Recently Released Top WWE NXT Superstar Debuts Completely New Look (Video)
* Big Update On WWE’s Plans For Raw & SD! To Each Get Draft Night Special
* Comedy Character Who Has Appeared Multiple Times Hints He Has Left AEW
* Update On Goldberg Shooting On Roman Reigns, Calling Him “A Joke”
* New Details Emerge On Vince McMahon’s Huge Blow-Up Backstage At WWE Taping
* Cody On “Absurd Amount Of N-Bombs” Sent To Brandi Rhodes On Twitter
* IMPACT Emergence 2020 *Spoilers* For Main Event Of 2-Week Special
* Big AEW Debut Coming: “You Never Know Who Might Turn Up, Any Guesses …”
* Rusev On Cesaro Giving Him Black-Eye For Wedding, Lana Was Pissed (Photos)
* Xavier Woods Reveals Hilarious Story On Vince McMahon & His Trombone
* WWE Furlough Talents Pissed At Company For Not Keeping Their Word
* Is WWE Finally Going To Break Up The New Day Faction?
* Unbelievably Awesome Shots Of Scarlett Bordeaux In A Bikini (Photos)
WWE, AEW & WRESTLING REACTION & SOCIAL MEDIA
* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com