The December 9th, 2019 edition of WWE RAW aired live on the USA Network from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, SC.
– This week’s broadcast kicks off with a fireworks display, and the announce team welcomes us to the go-home episode for Tables Ladders & Chairs.
– Jerry “The King” Lawlor comes out to the ring, which is covered in red carpet and has a table and chairs. Jerry says he’s here to host a divorce proceeding. He invites out Lana, who comes out with her lawyer, and Rusev comes out alone next. Lana and Rusev sit down at the table, and Lana starts cutting a promo about how Rusev made things all about him when the fans started chanting “Rusev Day.” This prompts a “Rusev Day” chant from the crowd. Lana says she is smart and intelligent, and she blames the WWE Universe for making their marriage fail. Lana continues ranting, and Rusev tells the fans this is what he had to deal with for his entire marriage. Rusev points to some footage on the big screen of Lana and Lashley being arrested last week. Lana freaks out and starts ranting again, and tells Rusev he will never find someone like her again. Rusev says he can barely stand her and doesn’t want to find someone like her. Lana says Rusev chose the WWE Universe over her, and she screams and falls down. Rusev says this is getting out of hand, and they should get to the point and sign the divorce papers. Rusev goes to sign first, but Lana snatches the paper away and says she will sign first. They argue over custody of their puppy now and start yelling. Lana signs the divorce paper first. Rusev says before he signs, he needs something from Lana. He wants a match with her boyfriend. Lashley comes out and starts talking trash to Rusev, and says once he signs that paper he is going to marry Lana. Rusev says that’s fine, as long as he still gets to fight Lashley on Rusev Day.
– Kevin Owens is backstage for an interview. Owens says that Rollins is the one who told the AOP to attack him last week. Owens thinks because he is the only one who stood up to Rollins during his little speech and told him he’s full of crap. Owens says he was lucky to get away, but since he did get away from the AOP, he’s going to go look for them. Owens walks off and runs into Rey Mysterio. Owens mentions the AOP, and Rey says if Owens wants, Rey and the homies will have Owen’s back. Owens wants to handle this himself, but Rey gives Owens a baseball bat before he leaves.
– Matt Hardy comes out to the ring, then Drew McIntyre comes out. Drew gets on the mic and cuts a promo on Hardy. He says he knows Matt just had a new kid, but Matt hasn’t made the best decisions in life so maybe he shouldn’t be having kids. Drew gets in the ring and tells Matt he will give him a chance to leave, but instead, Matt charges and starts pummeling on Drew with punches until he goes down.
– Matt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre: Matt starts off strong and dumps Drew out to ringside. Drew fights back on the floor and slams Matt into the ring steps. Back in the ring, Drew pounds on Matt with right hands and then takes him into the corner for more strikes. Matt fights back and looks for the Twist Of Fate, but Drew fights out. They trade roll-up attempts, then Drew hits the Claymore Kick out of nowhere for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– We go backstage where Charlotte approaches Becky Lynch. They talk about their issues with the Kabuki Warriors, and Charlotte seems to want to form an alliance with Becky. Becky declines and says she’ll take them two on one.
– We see Kevin Owens walking backstage with the bat over his shoulder. He asks people if they’ve seen AOP. Mojo Rawley gives Owens some attitude, so Owens slaps him across the face and Mojo goes down.
– We see a video package announcing Batista’s induction into the WWE Hall of Fame next year.
– The Viking Raiders come out to the ring and say they’ve been looking for challengers, but they’ve only been finding victims. They issue an open challenge for their RAW Tag Team Titles to any team in the back right now. The Street Profits come out to answer the challenge, and we’ve got a Tag Title match.
– The Viking Raiders (c) vs. The Street Profits: The Street Profits start off strong, and Ford hits a big splash off the top on Erik for a two count. Ivar tags in and is able to isolate Ford to keep him grounded now. Erik tags back in as all four men in both teams go at it now. Erik throws Dawkins outside, then Ivar tags in and they hit the Viking Experience on Ford. Ivar pins for the three count after a short but competitive match.
Winner & still RAW Tag Team Champions: The Viking Raiders
– The Raiders and The Profits shake hands after the match. Seth Rollins comes out to the ring and takes the spotlight from. Rollins gets on the mic and calls out The AOP. He says they have unfinished business, and wants them out right now. Instead, Kevin Owens comes out. Owens gets in the ring and exchanges words with Rollins now. Owens says if the AOP was here tonight, he would have found them already. Owens trashes Rollins and Rollins ends up leaving. The AOP appear on the big screen, arriving at the arena, and they speak in a foreign language. Owens tells them to bring it, but instead, Sami Zayn and Mojo Rawley come out. Sami says he’s not just a manager, he’s a liberator. He says what Owens did to Mojo backstage was way out of line. Sami says it was wrong, and he wants Owens to do the right thing and admit it was wrong. He asks Owens to apologize to Mojo. Mojo gets in Owens’ face, and Sami tells him to calm down. Mojo says anybody can be tough with a pipe in their hand. Owens throws the pipe and then gives Mojo a Stunner. Sami retreats, and Owens nails Mojo with the pipe now.
– Back from the commercial break, we see Kevin Owens walking through the hallways of the arena looking for the AOP.
– Aleister Black vs. Akira Tozawa: This one is competitive back and forth in the opening moments. Tozawa dumps Black out to ringside and looks for a dive, but Black knocks him out of mid-air with a knee to the face. Black takes Tozawa back in the ring, and shortly after he hits the Black Mass for the three count.
Winner: Aleister Black
– Humberto Carrillo is backstage for an interview, but Zelina Vega and Andrade interrupt. It looks like they’ll be in action next.
– Andrade vs. Humberto Carrillo: Humberto gets in some good offense in the opening moments, with several kicks and a standing rolling moonsault for a two count. Humberto takes Andrade to the top turnbuckle, but Andrade turns it round and hangs Humberto upside hdown for a double foot stomp. Andrade pins for a two count. Andrade sets up Humberto for the running knee strike in the corner, but Humberto dodges it. Humberto hits a missile dropkick off the top and then the Aztec Press for a two count. Andrade comes back with his running knee strike, but Humberto fires back with a running kick. Zelina gets on the apron, and Andrade ends up accidentally running into her and knocking her down to the floor. Humberto hops up on Andrade’s shoulder and pins him with a Victory Roll for the three count.
Winner: Humberto Carrillo
– After the match, Zelina and Andrade get into a shouting match.
– Rey Mysterio is backstage for a promo. He says his U.S. Title means everything to him. He cuts a promo on AJ, and says if AJ is man enough to beat him tonight he’ll shake his hand, but Rey is planning to prove himself and leave still U.S. Champion.
– We see a promo Steve Austin interviewing Goldberg on the WWE Network.
– Aleister Black vs. Zack Ryder: Curt Hawkins is at ringside. Murphy starts off strong in the opening moment of this one. Ryder finally fights back and knocks Murphy out to ringside with a big boot. Murphy hits a cheap shot on Hawkins at ringside, then Ryder comes flying out with a baseball slide kick on Murphy. Back in the ring, Murphy fires back with a running knee strike, then he hits the Murphy’s Law for the three count.
Winner: Buddy Murphy
– Kevin Owens is shown backstage walking around with his metal pipe, and he finds the truck that the AOP arrived in. Owens starts smashing up the truck and yells at AOP to come at him. Owens opens the back door of the van, and it looks like there’s someone sitting in there with their back turned to him. Suddenly the AOP attack Owens from behind and beat him down. They slam Owens’ head into the van door. The AOP says something to the guy in the van, and he turns around with a hood over his head. He lifts up the head to reveal that it is Seth Rollins. Seth gets out of the van with an evil look on his face and tells Owens this is what it’s come to. Seth gives Owens a curb stomp on the arena floor, then Seth walks off with the AOP.
– Back from the break, we see a replay of what just happened, and then Seth Rollins comes out to the stage with a mic. He says “What do you want from me?” Seth says he used to get along with the WWE Universe, but something went wrong and they don’t like him anymore, and he can’t figure out why. Seth says he doesn’t take nights off, he fights through injuries, he puts it all on the line in the ring for each and every one of you. Seth say he sticks his neck out for the fans in the ring and in the media, and in return he gets spit on and disrespected. Rollins said last week he told everyone he had nothing to do with the AOP, and it was the truth, but that wasn’t good enough. Since the fans jumped on the Owens bandwagon, and they want to push him, it’s time for him to push back. He says the fans an Owens drove him to stand side by side with two men who understand – The AOP. The AOP come out to the ring and stand next to Rollins, then they all leave together.
– We see Owens backstage being loaded into an ambulance.
– Becky Lynch vs. Asuka & Kairi Sane: Asuka starts in this handicap match. Becky starts off strong with a suplex, and Asuka rolls out to ringside for a breather. Kairi causes a distraction, which leads to Asuka dropping Becky and stomping on her. Kairi tags in an trades shots with Becky now. Asuka runs in and Becky starts fighting them both off. Becky hits a double inverted DDT on both Asuka and Kairi. Asuka tags back in, but Becky dodges a shot from her and hits a t-bone suplex. Becky misses a senton bomb, and Asuka applies the Asuka Lock. Becky fights out and applies an Asuka Lock of her own. Kairi breaks it up, and Becky dumps Kairi at ringside. Becky knocks both Asuka and Kairi to the floor now, then Becky looks for a shot off the apron, but Asuka intercepts her with a knee to the face. Back in the ring, Asuka and Kairi double team Becky and they hit a Doomsday Device type move on her for a two count. Kairi misses a flying elbow attempt now, and Becky applies the Disarm Her. Becky hits a side suplex on Asuka, then puts Kairi back in the Disarm Her. Asuka pulls Kairi out to ringside to break the hold. Becky follows them out to ringside, and Asuka hits Becky with a steel chair. The ref calls for the bell.
Winner via DQ: Becky Lynch
– Asuka and Kairi set up a table at ringside now, and they lay Becky on it. Kairi goes up top and gives Becky the flying elbow drop through the table on the floor.
– Becky Lynch is backstage getting iced in the trainer’s office. Charlotte comes to see her, then leaves, and Kairi and Asuka attack Charlotte. They beat down Charlotte in the hallway and leave.
– Erick Rowan vs. Enhancement talent: The opening bell sounds and the jobber immediately hops out of the ring. He picks up Rowan’s covered pet cage from ringside and carries it up the rap, then drops it on the stage. Rowan chases him, then stops to check on the cage. The jobber runs back to the ring and the ref starts counting out Rowan. Rowan runs back into the ring and tackles the jobber. Rowan gives him the Iron Claw slam twice. Rowan yells and grabs him again for another Iron Claw. The ref calls for the bell.
– After the bell, he gives the jobber another Iron Claw, and yells at him asking what’s the matter with him for trying to hurt somebody he loves. Rowan goes up and gets his cage on the stage and tells it that everything is okay now.
– Kairi and Asuka are stopped backstage for an interview. They challenge Charlotte and Becky to a tag match, and they’ll put their Women’s Tag Titles on the line.
– Back from the break, Charlotte and Becky are shown in the trainer’s office. They seem to agree to challenge Asuka and Kairi for their Tag Titles at TLC.
– Ford and Dawkins from the Street Profits star in an SNL Weekend Update themed skit. They talk about some of the matches on the card for TLC and crack some jokes about the competitors.
– Rey Mysterio (c) vs. AJ Styles: Rey’s U.S. Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and they trade several roll-up attempts in the opening moments. After some more back-and-forth, Rey dumps AJ outside and connects with a baseball slide dropkick. Rey hits a suicide moonsault out of the ring on to AJ on the ringside floor. Rey takes AJ back in the ring, and at the same time Gallows and Anderson make their way down to ringside flor a closer look. The disraction from The OC leads to AJ dropping Rey from behind, and throwing him into the ring post. Styles takes control of the pace of this one now. AJ misses a shot in the corner and AJ is stunned now. Rey kicks AJ out to ringside, then he gives AJ a sunset flip powerbomb into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Rey hits a tornado DDT for a two count. Anderson causes a distraction from ringside, which leads to AJ hitting a fireman’s carry neckbreaker for a two count. AJ goes up top, but Rey stops him. Rey looks for a Frankensteiner, but AJ blocks it. AJ hits a powerbomb, then follows up with the Styles Clash. Randy Orton slides in the ring now, but he slides back out without touching anyone. AJ was distracted by this, and this leads to Rey rolling up AJ from behind into a cradle pin for the three count.
Winner & still U.S. Champion: Rey Mysterio
– AJ looks shocked after the match as Orton backs up the ramp and waves at him.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com