The February 25th, 2018 edition of WWE RAW took place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
– This week’s broadcast opens up with a video package looking at Roman Reign’s talking about his leukemia and walking away from WWE.
– Roman Reigns’ music hits in the arena, and Reigns comes out to the ring to kick off the show. Reigns comes out and high-fives everyone at ringside and hugs his mother in the front row. Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette appears to be sitting in the front rows. The crowd chants for Reigns as he steps in the ring and gets on the mic. Reigns thanks the fans and talks about the outpouring of support for him. Reigns says the most important thing for him is to have the ability to step in the ring every night, and says he wants to use WWE’s huge platform for raise awareness and support those in need like he was. Reigns says he has an update, and it’s a home run. Reigns says he’s in remission, and The Big Dog is back. The crowd chants welcome back, and Reigns thanks them again and tells the crowd he loves them. Reigns shakes hands and takes pictures at ringside, then heads to the back. Seth Rollins comes out as Reigns is heading to the back and they hug on the stage.
– Still to come: Ronda Rousey & Natalya vs. The Riott Squad; and Ric Flair’s birthday celebration
– The Revival vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black: The Revival attacks before the bell, but Ricochet and Black fight them off and clear the ring. Ricochet and Black hit suicide dives on each Revival member at ringside. Back in the ring, the bell sounds and Black hits some offense on Wilder early on. Black hits a springboard moonsault for a two count. Dawson tags in for the double team on Black. Dawson hits a DDT for a two count. Ricochet and Wilder go at it at ringside, while Black and Dawson trade strikes and roll-up attempts in the ring. Black ends up hitting the Black Mass for the three count after a short match. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable are shown watching on a monitor backstage.
Winners: Ricochet and Aleister Black
– Baron Corbin does an interview backstage where he’s not concerned about Roman Reigns, and he denies making disparaging statements about Reign’s illness in the past. Corbin says he hopes he doesn’t cross paths with Roman, for Roman’s sake.
– Shawn Michaels and Johnny Gargano are shown arriving at the arena’s media area for Ric Flair’s birthday celebration.
– Elias is in the ring for a song, but he gets interrupted by Lacey Evans. Lacey walks down the ramp, then turns around and heads to the back. Elias tries to start again, but Dean Ambrose comes out to interrupt next. Ambrose and Elias exchange words, and Ambrose says he has a song request. Ambrose says it’s time for Dirty Deeds. Elias says he could play anything, but then he goes to swing the guitar at Ambrose’s head. Ambrose ducks it, and hits the Dirty Deeds DDT on Elias. Ambrose heads to the back, and then The Riott Squad comes out for their tag match as Elias is recovering in the ring.
– Ricky Steamboat is shown arriving at the arena for Flair’s birthday. WWE has a ‘red carpet’ set up for Flair’s birthday guests and media.
– Ronda Rousey & Natalya vs. Ruby Riot & Sarah Logan: Logan starts off with a double leg takedown on Natalya to take control early on. Ruby tags in, but Natalya drags her back to Natalya’s corner, and Ronda tags in. They do a double suplex on Ruby, then Ronda gets distracted knocking Liv Morgan off the apron. Ruby comes back with a facebuster on Ronda, then Logan tags in for the double team. Ruby tags back in and Ronda drops her with a clothesline, then Natalya tags back in. Natalya suplexes Ruby down, then she knocks Logan off the apron. Liv Morgan cheap shots Natalya when the ref isn’t looking. Natalya and Ronda go out to ringside and hit the Hart Attack on Liv at ringside. This leads to Logan taking out Natalya at ringside with a boot to the face. Back in the ring, Ruby and Sarah take turns working over Natalya until Ronda finally gets the hot tag. Ronda tees off on Logan, then takes out Liv and Ruby. Ronda drops Logan and pins, but Ruby breaks it up. Natalya and Ruby fight to the outside now. Ronda hits the Samoan Drop on Ruby, and then we see Becky Lynch appearing at ringside again. Becky punches out Natalya and hits her with her crutch, and then Ronda runs out and fights with Becky. Security and agents come out and they pull them apart.
Winners via DQ: Ronda Rousey & Natalya
– The agents, referees and security are struggling to pull apart the brawl, so police come over and they haul Becky up the ramp. Referees and Fit Finlay restrain Ronda at ringside.
– Back from the ring, trainers and Ronda help Natalya up the ramp. Ronda heads back to the ring and gets on the mic. Ronda calls out Vince McMahon and tells him to get out here. Instead of Vince, Stephanie comes out. Ronda tells Stephanie to reinstate Becky and put her in WrestleMania so Ronda can finally deal with her. Stephanie says Becky has been arrested and WrestleMania is the least of Becky’s concerns now. Ronda tells Stephanie to go tell her dad to reinstate Becky and drop the charges already. Stephanie says it’s not that easy, and Ronda’s opponent for WrestleMania will be Charlotte Flair. Ronda pleads with Stephanie to make it a triple threat match with Becky for the Women’s Title at WrestleMania, but Stephanie says it’s a hard no. Ronda demands that Stephanie does it, and Stephanie reminds Ronda that she’s her boss. Ronda tells Stephanie that Vince needs to make the right decision, then she drops her Women’s Title belt on the met and walks off.
– Triple H and Stephanie are seen backstage holding the Women’s Title belt.
– We see a birthday message for Ric Flair from Snoop Dogg.
– Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers come out to the ring. Jinder gets on the mic and complains about not being invited to Flair’s birthday celebration, and he asks what did Flair ever accomplish. Jinder issues a challenge, and it looks like Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle is accepting it.
– Kurt Angle vs. Jinder Mahal: A distraction from the Singh Brothers early on leads to Jinder hitting a running boot on Kurt. Jinder continues the offense on Kurt and tries to keep the Hall of Famer grounded. Kurt comes back with a German suplex on Mahal. Kurt hits another German suplex, and he holds on and hits two more suplexes. Kurt knocks the Singh Brothers off the apron, and Mahal attempts the Khallas. Kurt escapes and puts Jinder in the ankle lock. Jinder taps out.
Winner: Kurt Angle
– The Singh Brothers hit the ring after the match, and Kurt Angle hits German suplexes on both of them.
– Still to come: Finn Balor joins Alexa Bliss on “A Moment of Bliss.”
– Alexa Bliss comes out and sits on the stage. Alexa takes issue with Ronda throwing the Women’s Title belt down in the ring, and says she never would have done that. She says the McMahons should consider her if they need someone to take Ronda’s place who they can count on. She introduces her guest, Finn Balor. Balor comes out and sits down and they start talking, but Lio Rush quickly interrupts. Lio Rush seems to challenge Balor for his Intercontinental Championship, and Balor accepts. Lio looks like he’s having second thoughts. Balor teases Lio about trying to take Lashley’s spot, and Alexa eggs him on. Rush says okay, he’s going to go backstage and prepare for his match. Alexa says Lio won’t have time to prepare, because his match is up next. Lio says fine, but at least play his music and give him a proper entrance. They play his music and Lio heads to the ring, then they cut it off with Balor’s music and Balor comes down to the ring.
– We see a birthday video message for Ric Flair from Maria Menousnos.
– We see Titus O’Neil backstage at the red carpet for Ric Flair’s birthday celebration. Sting arrives next (without facepaint) and does a big “Wooo” for the camera.
– Finn Balor (c) vs. Lio Rush: Balor’s IC Title is on the line in this one. Balor starts off strong in this one and stomps mud hole on Lio. Lio rolls outside for a breather. Balor steps out to the apron and charges, but Lio intercepts him and kicks out Balor’s leg. Lio follows up with two suicide dives and then he throws Balor back in the ring. Lio looks for the frogsplash off the top, but Balor gets his knees up to block it. Balor looks for a running dropkick, but Rush intercepts him again and kicks out Balor’s knee. Lio starts working over the Champion’s knee now. Lio hits a spinning kick to the face and covers for a two count. Balor dodges a moonsault attempt and Lio lands on his feet. Balor drops the challenger with a lariat, and then he climbs to the top rope. Lio crotches Balor on the top and then climbs up with him. Lio hits a Frankensteiner, and Balor rolls through into a pin attempt. Lio gets out and trades kicks with Blor now. Lio hits of leg kicks on Balor, then he looks for a springboard stunner, but Balor catches him and reverses into a suplex. Balor goes up top and hits the Coup De Grace for the three count.
Winner & still Intercontinental Champion: Finn Balor
– Balor celebrates in the ring as Rush rolls outside to recover.
– Still to come: Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman
– The Ascension runs into one half of Heavy Machinery backstage – Tucker. They talk trash about Otis, and Tucker tells them Otis won’t like that, and he’s very sensitive. Otis walks over, and Tucker tells him about what The Ascension said about him looking for burgers in the dumpster. Otis knocks down both Ascension members and tells them that’s what you get for messing with Heavy Machinery.
– We see Bobby Lashley backstage yelling at Lio Rush. Lashley is mad that Lio got a Title shot for himself, and then lost. Lashley says he can’t worry about Lio when he has to go out and fight Strowman tonight. He says Lio had one job, and he asks if he can trust Lio. Lio says Lashley can trust him. They both head out for Lashley’s match, up next.
– Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman: Lashley attacks from behind before the opening bell and pummels on Strowman. Lashley goes for a vertical suplex, but Strowman reverses it and throws Lashley down. Braun drops Lashley with a big boot, then he hits a running splash in the corner. Lashley rolls outside for a breather, then Braun hops out and runs around ringside. Braun tackles Lashley and then tackles Rush. Braun yells that he hasn’t forgotten last week, and he’s coming “for all three of you,” meaning Lashley, McIntyre and Corbin. Strowman leaves as Lashley and Rush recover at ringside.
Winner: No contest
– Seth Rollins is backstage for an interview. Rollins talks about being happy that Reign’s is back and in remission, and it’s time for him and Roman to party and burn it down.
– A limo pulls in to the building and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair hops and and walks into the arena.
– Drew McIntyre vs. Dean Ambrose: This one is a no disqualification match. Ambrose and McIntyre start brawling on the ramp before the bell. They fight into the ring and the ref calls for the opening bell. Ambrose takes off his belt (he’s wearing two belts,) but Drew takes it and whips Ambrose across the back with it. Drew misses a shot and Ambrose clotheslines him to the outside. Dean goes for a suicide dive, but Drew catches him and slams him into the barricade. McIntyre hits a belly to belly overhead suplex on the ringside floor on Ambrose. Drew misses a spear and crashes into the ring steps. Back in the ring, Dean hits a neckbreaker for a two count. Drew comes back with a headbutt and Dean falls out to ringside. Drew grabs the ring steps and charges, but Dean dodges him and trips Drew into the ring steps. It looks like Ambrose is going for a DDT on the ring steps, but then Elias runs down and smashes a guitar on Ambrose. He throws Ambrose in the ring, then Drew gets in the ring and hits the Claymore Kick on Dean. Drew covers for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– Baron Corbin and Bobby Lashley come out after the match. They get in the ring with Elias and Drew, and all four of them start stomping on Dean. They all beat down Dean until Seth Rollins comes out with a steel chair. Roman Reigns comes out next, and they come down the ramp and drop Lashley and Corbin. They get in the ring and drop Elias and Drew next. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Lashley off the apron, then Rollins hits the curb stomp on Elias. Reigns then hits the spear on Drew. Reigns and Rollins hug, then head to the back while Ambrose is still laying in the ring. Reigns and Rollins look back at Ambrose from the stage before leaving.
– Bayley vs. Nia Jax: Sasha Banks and Tamina Snuka are at ringside. The opening bell sounds and Nia starts off shoving Bayley into the corner and headbutting her. Nia misses a shot and Bayley fights back with a hip toss for a one count. Nia fights back and shoves Bayley through the ropes down to the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Nia applies a bear hug. Bayley fights out and kicks out Nia’s knee. Bayley hits a splash in the corner, but Nia comes back with a running splash of her own. Nia pummels on Bayley on the mat until the ref calls for the break. Nia looks for a shot in the corner, but Bayley ducks and trips her into the middle turnbuckle. Bayley stomps on Nia now and kicks her out to ringside. Nia gets back on the apron and Bayley hits a stunner through the middle rope. Bayley dropkicks Nia back out to ringside now. Nia gets back in the ring and Bayley hits a running knee strike. Bayley looks for a flying cross body, but Nia catches her and slams her in the corner. Nia hangs Bayley upside down in the corner and hits a running hip attack on her. Nia gets distracted by Sasha, which leads to Bayley hitting a running knee to the head of Nia. Tamina then misses a shot on Sasha at ringside and she crashes into the ring steps. Bayley follows up with the flying elbow off the top on Nia for the three count.
– Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Braun Strowman, Titus O’Neil, Dana Brooke and Seth Rollins are shown backstage walking towards the gorilla position together.
– The ring is set up with balloons and cake on a table, and another table with a sheet covering something on it. Members of the roster are standing on the stage in street clothes, and then Triple H and Stephanie McMahon hit the ring. Triple H talks about the road to WrestleMania, and how sometimes you hit bumps on the road like Becky going to jail tonight. Triple H says the real reason they’re out in the ring now is to celebrate the 70th birthday of the greatest sports entertainer of all time. They say they have some special guests tonight, and Stephanie introduces Shawn Michaels. She introduces Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat next, who chops some wrestlers on the stage on the chest on his way down. She introduces Kurt Angle next, and then finally introduces Sting. Sting briefly talks with Bobby Roode and No Way Jose on his way down the ramp. Triple H then introduces a video package looking at Ric Flair’s legendary career. Stephanie then unveils a custom made World Heavyweight Title belt for Flair, in the style of the Big Gold Belt. It’s time for the man of the hour, and Triple H introduces Ric Flair. His music hits, but there’s no Ric Flair. The music stops. The camera cuts to the back and we see Batista dragging a camera man through the hallway. Batista busts in to Flair’s dressing room and closes the door. He opens the door, and now he’s dragging Ric Flair on the floor by his coat. Batista drops Flair on the floor, then looks into the camera. Batista addresses Triple H and asks if he has his attention now. Triple H exits the ring and runs to the back. We go backstage where Triple H is running over to where Flair is still laying on the floor. Referees are checking on Flair and Triple H yells for a doctor. RAW goes off the air with Flair laying on the floor.