The June 17, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA and was the go-home show for Sunday's Stomping Grounds pay-per-view.
- Elias is in the ring to open up this week's broadcast. Elias trashes the L.A. fans, and says the people in L.A. are the only thing more toxic than the air pollution. Elias seems to think that Baron Corbin chose him as the special guest ref for Corbin's Universal Title match against Seth Rollins. Rollins then hits the ring and nails Elias from behind with a steel chair. Rollins gets on the mic and says after everything he's been through with Brock Lesnar, he is done playing games. Rollins says if anyone sides with Baron Corbin, they're going to have to deal with Rollins, so they should choose wisely if they want to help Corbin or not.
- The Miz vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Ricochet vs. Cesaro: The winner of this Fatal 5-way match gets a shot at Samoa Joe's United States Title on Sunday at Stomping Grounds. As Miz makes his entrance, Elias is still laid out in the ring. Miz picks up Elias and hits the Skull Crushing Finale on him. Lashley makes his entrance, and he hits a spear on Elias. Cesaro enters next, and he swings Elias. Ricochet enters next and hits the Codebreaker on Elias. Braun Strowmn enters last and he hits the running powerslam on Elias. Michael Cole says this match has no count-outs and no DQs. Samoa Joe comes out to ringside for a closer look at this one. The opening bell sounds and everyone starts brawling. Braun starts clearing the ring, but then Cesaro nails Strowman and picks him up and slams him. Strowman comes back and drops Cesaro for the three count for the first elimination of the match. Lashley comes in and goes at it with Braun now, and he drops Braun with a vertical suplex. Miz and Ricochet try to get back in the ring, but Bobby drops them both. Braun gets up and hits the running powerslam on Lashley for the three count, and Lashley is now the second man eliminated. Braun goes out to ringside and runs around the ring for shoulder tackles on both Miz and Ricochet on the floor. Braun runs around the ring again and tackles Miz again. Braun throws Miz in the ring an follows him in. Braun hits a splash on Miz in the corner, and then another. Braun looks for the running powerslam on Miz, but Lashley runs back in the ring and spears Strowman. Cesaro also runs back in the ring and hits the Neutralizer on Braun. Ricochet, who is still in the match, goes up top an hits the 630 on Braun for the three count. When Braun realizes what happened, he clears the ring and runs outside and then drops Lashley and Cesaro. Braun leaves, and Miz and Ricochet start going at it in the ring now. Ricochet dumps Miz outside and hits a suicide dive on him. Ricochet throws Miz in the ring and then he looks for the 630 off the top rope, but Miz rolls out of the way. Ricochet looks for another shot and misses again. Miz rolls up Ricochet for a two count, then hits a DDT for another two count. Miz and Ricochet trade strikes now, and Ricochet starts selling a knee injury. Ricochet flips towards Miz, but he doesn't get what he's looking for, and Miz drops him. Miz applies the Figure Four, but Ricochet fights out. Ricochet drops Miz, then he goes up to the top rope and hits the 630. Ricochet pins and gets the three count. He will now be facing Samoa Joe at Stomping Grounds on Sunday for the U.S. Title.
- After the match, Samoa Joe hits the ring and attacks Ricochet. Joe runs and Ricochet ducks, sending Joe out to ringside. Ricochet follows up with a corkscrew suicide dive on Joe on the floor. Ricochet gets back in the ring as Joe recovers on the floor.
- Daniel Bryan and Rowan are shown arriving to the arena.
- Becky Lynch is shown walking through the hallways towards the gorilla position.
- Michael Cole shows us photos of Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch together on the red carpet of the MTV Movie Awards.
- RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch comes out to the ring and calls out Lacey Evans. She says she's sick of looking at Lacey, and she's going to give her what she deserves. Lacey comes out and gets on the mic on the ramp, and says Becky is just mad because she doesn't understand her and she doesn't know who Lacey really is. Lacey says she used to be a United States Marine. Becky says she respects that but now Lacey just goes around sucker punching people. Lacey continues to talk trash to Becky and then she steps in the ring. Becky attacks Lacey and drops her in the ring. Becky leaves and steals Lacey's hat and wears it up the ramp.
- Still to come: Roman Reigns is here.
- The camera turns from inside the arena, out into the hallway, and we see Tag Team Champions the Revival walking through the hallway. They walk in to Shane McMahon's locker room, where they find Drew McIntyre and a table with champagne and food.
- Baron Corbin is backstage for an interview. Elias is apparently no longer interested in being Baron's special guest referee. Corbin says he's not worried about it and he's got a lot of great choices. He's going to reveal his choice for referee tonight on a special edition of The Kevin and Sami Show. Seth Rollins interrupts and nails Corbin from behind with a steel chair.
- The Viking Raiders are shown backstage getting ready for their match.
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions Rowan and the new Daniel Bryan come out to the stage with microphones. Bryan says the McMahons needed to bring them to RAW tonight as the wild card because this place sucks -- meaning both RAW and the city of Los Angeles. Bryan says L.A. is the smog capital of America, and is filled with ignorant and impotent people. Bryan says he's going to show the RAW roster and the impotent masses of L.A. why they are better than everyone on RAW. The Viking Raiders' entrance interrupts, and the Raiders walk past Rowan and Bryan.
- The Viking Raiders vs. Rusty and Randy Taylor: The Raiders' opponents appears to be local enhancement talents. The Raiders make quick work of the jobbers and they hit their double-team slam The Viking Experience for the three count.
Winners: The Viking Raiders
- The camera shows 24/7 Champion R-Truth and Carmella sitting at ringside wearing disguises. A bunch of wrestlers run out with a referee looking for Truth. Chaos erupts around ringside until Truth and Carmella run out through the crowd and the wrestlers follow.
- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are shown backstage talking to Baron Corbin.
- Heath Slater walks into Shane McMahon's office while Shane is partying with The Revival and Drew McIntyre. Slater talks to Shane about his kids getting older and things getting more expensive, and he asks for a raise. They laugh and Shane says no, but he respects that Slater walked in there like a man, so he's going to let Heath walk out like a man. Slater walks out, then we see him call his wife on the phone to give her the news. Drew walks out of the room and tells Heath he's sorry about that and it kills him to see Heath like this. Drew says he's known Heath for a long time and knows his family, and he wants to help him out. Drew takes a wad of cash out of his pocket and Heath says he can't accept it. Drew insists, and they drop the cash. Slater bends down to pick it up, and then Drew attacks Slater. Drew repeatedly slams Heath's head into the wall until it gets broken up by Shane and The Revival. They haul off Drew, then The Revival comes out and picks up the cash.
- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are in the ring for "The Kevin and Sami Show." They introduce their guest Baron Corbin, and they tell him that this is a safe space from Seth Rollins. Sami takes issue with Rollins attacking him when he was a referee last week. Speaking of referees, Corbin announces his referee for Stomping Grounds: EC3. EC3 comes out to the stage, but before he can walk down the ramp, Seth Rollins comes out and nails him with a chair then leaves. The New Day interrupts next. Sami says he looked at the sheet and The New Day weren't the wild cards tonight, so they should leave the building right now. Kofi says hes the WWE Champion and he goes where he wants when he wants. They exchange words until Corbin challenges them to a six-man tag match right now. Big E picks up the unconscious EC3 on the stage and nods his head "yes" that he can officiate this match.
- We see AJ Styles backstage in the trainer's office, and it looks like he's been medically cleared to return. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson walk in wearing doctor jackets. AJ says Gallows and Anderson got comfortable here and this is not funny, and he asks them when is the last time they won a match. He asks when the last time they've been on WWE TV. AJ tells them to get serious, and says he misses the old Gallows and Anderson. Anderson tells AJ they have a match against The Usos tonight, and AJ will see how serious they are.
- The New Day vs. Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin & Kevin Owens: Michael Cole tells us this is a best 2-out-of-3 falls tag team match. Zayn and Woods start off trading holds. Owens tags in for the double team, then Corbin tags in and puts the boots to Woods in the corner. Owens tags in and looks for a senton drop, but Woods blocks it with his knees. Sami tags in and Woods rolls him up in a small package for the three count, for the first fall of the match. Big E tags in and Corbin comes in next for his team. Corbin gets the upper hand, and then Owens comes in and stomps on Big E. Owens follows up with the senton for a two count. Sami tags in and continues the offense on Big E. It looks like Owens tagged himself in. Big E tries to mount a comeback and he knocks Corbin and Owens off the aprons. Big E dumps Sami out to ringside, then Owens superkicks Big E from behind for a two count. Corbin tags in and continues the offense on Big E. Owens tags back in and misses a spear in the corner. Big E comes back with a belly to belly suplex on Owens. Corbin and Kofi tag in. Kofi cleans house and drops Corbin with a kick to the face. Kofi goes up top and hits a frog splash for a two count. Kofi hits another kick and then the Boom Drop. A distraction on the apron leads to Corbin hitting the Deep Six on Kofi. Corbin pins but Woods breaks it up. Sami and Kevin clear the ring, but then Corbin accidentally hits Sami. Owens is not happy and he gets in a shoving match with Corbin. Owens superkicks Corbin in the face. Owens and Sami leave, and now Corbin is in the ring alone with Kofi Kingston. Kofi hits the Trouble In Paradise on Corbin for the three count.
Winners: The New Day
- Still to come: Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan in their first one-on-one match in four years.
- Nikki Cross is shown backstage in her locker room. Alexa Bliss walks in and gives Nikki a written invitation to team up with Alexa in a Women's Tag Team Titles match tonight.
- Paul Heyman is shown backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
- Back from the break, Paul Heyman walks out to the ring with no entrance music. Heyman says he's not that comfortable being out here tonight, with Rollins smashing people with a steel chair all night long. Heyman says he is not going to be the special guest referee and doesn't want to be. Heyman asks what the Los Angeles Lakers and Seth Rollins have in common - they both traded away their "balls." Heyman says maybe his client Brock Lesnar is here tonight after all, or maybe not. Heyman says he doesn't know when Lesnar will cash in his Money In The Bank contract, the fans don't know, and most importantly, Rollins doesn't know. Heyman drops the mic and leaves.
- We see Baron Corbin backstage trying to convince Eric Young to be his special guest referee. Corbin leaves and Seth Rollins walks over. Young tells Rollins he told Corbin no and he would never do it. Rollins tells Young he knows they go way back and knows Young would never do anything to compromise their friendship. Rollins tells Young to take it easy, and he walks off. Rollins turns around and nails Young with the steel chair from behind. He repeatedly nails Young with the chair on the floor.
- We see a pre-taped promo from The Usos talking about their match with Gallows and Anderson tonight.
- The Usos vs. Gallows & Anderson: AJ Styles is backstage watching on a monitor. Gallows starts off strong against Jey and knocks Jimmy off the apron. Anderson tags in for the double team with the Boot of Doom for a two count. Gallows tags back in for the Magic Killer, but Jimmy breaks it up. Jey hits a superkick on Gallows, then Jimmy tags in. The Usos hit the double superkick on Gallows for the three count after a short but competitive match.
Winners: The Usos
- We see Shane McMahon, Drew McIntyre and The Revival still eating and drinking in Shane's private dressing room.
- Roman Reigns is shown walking through the hallways of the arena.
- Michael Cole introduces a video recording from Hulk Hogan talking about the USA Women's World Cup team. Cole says the whole team are Hulk Hogan fans. Hogan gives the team a shoutout and asks what you're gonna do when they run wild on you, brother.
- Roman Reigns comes out to the ring and gets on the mic. Reigns says Super ShowDown wasn't good for him, but he's not here to give excuses. Reigns says excuses don't entertain the people, him whooping someone's ass does. Reigns calls out Shane and tells Shane to do something himself for once. Shane appears on the big screen, and he tells ring announcer Mike Rome to give him the proper introduction as the best in the world. Shane tells Reigns not to be ashamed of losing to the best in the world. Shane says it was hot in the outdoor arena at Super ShowDown, and Reigns couldn't take the heat like Shane could. Shane says Drew is the one Reigns needs to be worried about now. Drew starts talking about kicking Reigns ass, and says he's going to assault Reigns until it becomes very uncomfortable. Drew says he's going to physically disfigure Reigns, and make his children scream at the sight of their father when he goes home. Reigns hops out of the ring and walks through the crowd, and it looks like he's going to head up to Shane's private dressing room. The Revival meets Reigns in the hallway, but Reigns drops them both. Reigns walks over to Shane's room and steps in. Reigns hits Drew with a right hand, then he pushes Shane up against the wall. Drew runs over and brawls with Reigns until Reigns spinebusters Drew though a table. Shane crawls out the door and runs through the hallway towards the ring, and Reigns chases him. At ringside, Reigns leaps over the fan barricade and pummels on Shane on the ringside floor. Reigns throws Shane in the ring and hits the Superman punch on him. Reigns follows up with a spear on Shane. Reigns tells Shane to tell Drew he's going to kick his ass Sunday. Reigns leaves, and Shane appears to have a small cut on his face.
- Women's Tag Team Champions The Iiconics are shown walking backstage.
- We see Bayley, Natalya and Naomi talking backstage. Charlie Caruso comes in and asks Bayley about the rumor on the internet about Bayley not taking pictures with fans. Bayley says that sounds like something Alexa Bliss made up, and she leaves. Natalya and Naomi wonder if the rumor could be true.
- The Iiconics (c) vs. Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss: The Iiconics' Tag Titles are on the line in this one. Bayley is at ringside. Billie and Peyton trade frequent tags in the opening moments of this one to control the pace early on. Nikki starts to fight back, but Billie shuts her down with a knee to the face. Billie then shoves Alexa off the apron, and Alexa gets into it with Bayley at ringside. Meanwhile in the ring, this leads to Billie rolling up Nikki for the three count.
Winners & still Women's Tag Team Champions: The Iiconics
- Bayley and Alexa continue to exchnge words after the match.
- Michael Cole runs down the card for sunday's Stomping Grounds pay-per-view.
- Still to come: Bray Wyatt's Firefly Fun House
- We go backstage where Alexa is consoling Nikki after their loss. Nikki says tonight Bayley crushed her dreams. Nikki says she'll be in Alexa's corner at Stomping Grounds, because she wants to see Alexa crush Bayley's dreams.
- It's time for Bray Wyatt's Firefly Fun House. Wyatt is watering his garden, and says that's where ideas grow. Bray talks about building "this place" where "we can all be together," and then we see shots of all of Bray's various puppets who have made cameos. They keep saying "join us", and Bray says people worship fear, and fear equals power. Bray says to follow him, then the screen starts cutting to various random video clips and audio clips. It cuts to Bray in a mask and he yells "let me in."
- We see Daniel Bryan and Rowan at the gorilla position. Bryan questions why no one had the sense to take that steel chair out of Seth Rollins' hands. Bryan says without the chair, Seth is not a better wrestler than Daniel Bryan. Bryan says Seth has never beaten him, and never will.
- We see Rollins walking through the hallway with his steel chair and he walks past Becky Lynch.
- Seth Rollins va. Daniel Bryan: This one is a non-Title match, and Rowan is at ringside. Rollins starts off strong in this one and hits a springboard flying clothesline off the top on Bryan. Rollins dumps Bryan out to ringside, then he hits suicide dive on Bryan. Rollins goes for a second suicide dive, but this time Rowan catches Rollins and claw slams him into the fan barricade. In the ring, Rowan hits the Claw slam again on Rollins, and the referee calls for the DQ.
Winner via DQ: Seth Rollins
- After the match, Owens, Sami Zayn and The Revival come out to get revenge on Rollins. The New Day and The Usos come out for the save, and The Usos end up hitting a suicide dive on all the heels at ringside. The ring announcer announces that this match will restart, with just Bryan and Rollins, and everyone else is banned from ringside.
- Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan: The match re-starts and Bryan starts off strong. Bryan takes Rollins out to ringside and throws him into the ring steps, then he takes Rollins back in the ring for some running knee strikes. Rollins starts fighting back and hits the Sling Blade for a two count. Rollins looks for the curb stomp, but Bryan dodges it and trades roll-up attempts with Rollins now. Bryan hits some European uppercuts, and Rollins fires back with chops to the chest. Rollins looks for a Pele Kick, but Bryan catches it and puts Rollins in an ankle lock. Rollins reverses, but Bryan shuts him down with a German suplex. Rollins rolls out to ringside, and Bryan hits a flying knee off the apron on to Rollins on the floor. Back in the ring, they fight on the turnbuckle until Bryan headbutts Rollins down. Rollins runs back up the turnbuckle and hits a superuplex off the top on Bryan. Rollins tries to follow up with the Falcon Arrow, but Bryan reverses and puts Rollins in the Yes Lock. Rollins gets his foot on the rope to break the hold. Bryan gets up and hits a series of kicks on Rollins. Bryan wastes some time playing to the crowd. Bryan looks for the running knee strike on Rollins, but Rollins catches him and powerbombs Bryan into the turnbuckle. Rollins follows up with a superkick for a two count. Rollins is selling a shoulder injury. Rollins goes up top and goes for a frog splash, but Bryan blocks and applies the Yes Lock. Rollins fights out and hits the Curb Stomp on Bryan for the three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins
- After the match, Rollins celebrates on the stage with his Universal Title belt until Baron Corbin runs out and nails Seth from behind with a steel chair. Corbin nails Seth with the steel chair a few more times, then he drags Seth into the ring. Corbin hits the End of Days on Rollins in the ring, then he holds up Rollins' Universal Title belt as RAW goes off the air.